That Archers Who's Who idea

What an industrious Fish you are. Not wishing to quibble, quipple, quaite or quite, but which of the three surnames is the true one? Unaccountably, I missed 1956’s broadcasts ;- )

3 Likes

Thank you. Corrected in the text… Hepplewhite. The Revd Amos Hebblewhite was no relation.

+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+
Name: Reverend Amos Hebblewhite
Sorted name: Hebblewhite, Reverend Amos
Notes: This vicar of Darrington officiated at Walter Gabriel’s funeral in 1988; they had been friends from childhood.

2 Likes

I have been plodding on, and have now got as far as the end of “People Whose Forenames Begin With G and who are mentioned in The Book of The Archers”, incidentally discovering that Pat Archer was not hatched from an egg as we might previously have supposed, but had a Mother:

Name: Gwynneth Llewellyn
Played by: Margaret John
Immediate family:
Ewan Llewellyn (husband)
Olwyn Lewis (sister)
Pat Archer (niece)
Notes: Gwyneth and Owen Llewellyn came to Pat and Tony Archer’s wedding in December 1974, to represent Pat’s mother Olwyn Lewis, who was too ill to attend. During their visit Gwyneth struck up a friendship with Walter Gabriel, which irritated Tony: he thought her to be altogether too noisy and bossy. It was true that she was both talkative and lively, but even Tony had to admit that she had done a lot to help Pat around the house when they came again to visit in 1975, though he couldn’t wait for them to go and was relieved when they were on their way home again. After John’s birth in December 1975 Gwyneth came once more to visit, this time alone, and helped out in the house again. Since then no more has been heard of her; perhaps Tony was successful in making her feel unwelcome.

1 Like

There’s disappointing. The not having been hatched from an egg thing, I mean.

First line of notes: Olwyn, wivvan ‘L’.

3 Likes

Not sure I understand that, Gus…

2 Likes

“Gwyneth and Owen Llewellyn” should read 'GwynNeth & OLwyn" Or even more, perhaps should read “G & Ewan”?

2 Likes

Definitely Ewan. Gah! Addled, I am.

3 Likes

Gwynneth and Ewan. I am getting old, and it is all Welsh to me…

Also the reason I need proofing.

3 Likes

_Every_one needs proofing, dahlink. But it is my experience that proofing hard copy is quicker, easier and more accurate than piecemeal piddling around on screen (see my miscorrection and insane burbling above). I am entirely at your disposal. We can discuss logistics some time or other.

3 Likes

Let’s wait until I have done rather more of this; G is not even half-way, and I still have to add all the people in The Archers Encyclopaedia who showed up after 1994 when TBoTA was published.

3 Likes

Oh, certainly. As & when, o Fish.

3 Likes

Having embarked on Harrison Burns, I am here to to say that I think he is even more boring than Fallon.

4 Likes

But not as dull as Hayley. I have got her as far as the end of 2000, with Roy’s romantic New Year’s Eve proposal seriously manked up by Kate arriving home unexpectedly and very pregnant and insisting on seeing Phoebe Right Now in spite of it being monstrously inconvenient.

Goodness how sickeningly Nice Hayley was! Always ready to lend a helping hand, looking after children and the sick…

3 Likes

See, if Roy hadn’t driven her away she’d have been available to Save Nic. It’s all her fault!

(Burns at least has the virtue of being creepy, which is clearly not the scripties’ intent. Hayley is just dull.)

4 Likes

…Global Head of Colouring In. Undiscerning enought not only to screw but to breed (and put considerable effort into doing so) with Tucker, R

And a complete construct of the patriarchy :slight_smile: I hated her guts. I think it was her willingness to run around after snot-oozing ankle-biters, mainly. But there was just something about her. Gahhhhhh!

5 Likes

I am glad to be able to report that I have finished with Hayley (nine pages).

It ends

“In October 2016 Phoebe reported that Hayley had found a new love interest in Birmingham.”

I was able to take the last page or so at a hand-canter.

I am now going back to fill in the gaps in (for instance) Adam: people who got a very short resumé and need a bit more of recent incident.

3 Likes

Even more boring with the sport relief competition between them!

4 Likes

You don’t find that fascinating & funny Medders ?

It’s one of those where you honestly wonder what goes on in the SW’s minds.

3 Likes

I found it totally irritating - would have been great if they had tripped over and fractured something!
OOH lets get BBC Sports relief into the prog.

4 Likes

They have: the TA timeline

3 Likes