That Barn…

Surely David and Ruth - sorry, D&R, or should that be D’n’R?* - have to follow the trend on rebranding? Can’t wait for the banners proudly proclaiming TB @ Brookfield

*Better yet: DNR

By the bye, I’ve just been informed:

Your topic is similar to…

Rip her throat out
The Archers
Nov '17 - Bloody Ruth. Disgusting, arch, coy, daughter-flattering, prurient smuggery dripping from every word. Someone needs to sever her vocal chords with a rusty hacksaw that’s been dropped in the clart a …

David and the ‘kiss of death’
The Archers
Jul '17 - Now that Brian has pronounced David to be looking rough and he no longer considers him suited to be any form of guardian, for Ruauri - surely this must be the kiss of death for David an…

Nope, me neither

6 Likes

They have a Mediaeval barn (built after 2012 but never mind) for which they have managed to get planning permission for change-of-use in less than three months. How likely is this?

7 Likes

This would be the same council that approved major structural alterations to a HA property and subsequent change of tenancy in about a fortnight over the Christmas / New Year holiday period?

Or indeed SWs who probably think a “listed building” is the same as a “lean-to”

7 Likes

…flying from the roof? (…a bit late for the slippery ice-season, eh? …should have done that back in January! :roll_eyes::roll_eyes::scream_cat::scream_cat:)

5 Likes

No need for ice; Pip can knock out a wall driving some of Josh’s hot machines

6 Likes

Given these scripties I’d say downright likely.

7 Likes

I suppose it is convenient that there’s somewhere new in the village for Kirstie to get married which isn’t the place she works!! That said, did we ever find out if daughter-of-slaughter-house-man (can’t remember his name!) pulled out of their booking for sure?

6 Likes

Vince? I remember his spot-on observation “Wedding in a PigSty” ought to go down in the next A-Z Guide to Ambridge (…should there ever be one!)

5 Likes

A far as I remember (never a reliable guide) Vince the Mince has not yet pulled out. Expect him to demand massive reductions later, to create some false jeopardy wrt the Brookfield finances yet again. Cannot remember the name of his mildly-retarded-sounding daughter, who thought piglets running around at her wedding would be sweet, but I am sure it was out of the drawer of ‘names that nice people would be too nice to sneer at openly, but will do covertly’. Or maybe I am overthinking this.
Oh, hang on, it was just Stephanie, wasn’t it? Cancel the above (mostly). But a meat baron’s daughter thinking piglets cute? sorry, no.

5 Likes

“Piglets running around, then once the vows are said we all pop out our ankle blades…”

5 Likes

Even I find that a bit heartless. Chapeau! pour le moineau

5 Likes

Think of it as reducing food miles…

5 Likes

Dear joe. Always such a comfort.

5 Likes

A green baize cloth is traditional.

5 Likes

Uh oh, looks like 50% of the provisional 2020 bookings are cancelling already!

5 Likes