The beginning of the end…

…for Idiot? Nice long stretch for attempted murder and drink driving. Scales fall from Lilian’s eyes. More of SOC’s egregious legacy expunged.

We can but hope…

5 Likes

I wish I felt it were safe to hope. But no, they will have done something really stupid, I feel it in my water (it’s on the cold side here this evening, so it could just be that, I suppose).

Maybe I am just thicker than the average listener or wasn’t paying proper attention, but an episode where it is pretty well impossible to work out what is supposed to have happened where in a radio soap (ok, joe, ‘continuing drama’ if that helps) really isn’t a terribly good episode. Maybe the scriptie who allegedly comes garlanded with television and playwriting laurels should eff off back to television or her plays, because for a collective endeavour on redio she is, imo, worse than useless.

3 Likes

OK, I beg wossname Ahmed’s pardon, tonight’s was Gillian Richmond, according to Janie’s very useful credits.
Mind you, I still think Ahmed ought to eff off back to TV. Richmond just ought to eff off. I know nothing of her CV, but on tonight’s showiing it is due a very lengthy gap.

5 Likes

Ms Richmond comes highly recommended with a glowing CV, according to IMDB:

Entirely objective and disinterested, I’m sure…

5 Likes

‘a long association with EastEnders’ - ah_Ha_!

4 Likes

Yes, I looked up Gillian Richmond because I knew nothing about her and what you said about the previous week’s author could equally apply to Richmond, I mean both your criticisms and the impressive CV! Let’s count the clichés tonight:

1. Justin intercepts a phone call to Lilian. Matt blabs away even though there is dead silence at the other end.
  2. Ian dobs in Lilian to Justin.
  3. Matt is hoping to run away with Lilian so he gets so drunk even she would have second thoughts and they’d probably not let him on the plane anyway.

Oh well, I enjoy a good car crash and punch up. I just don’t want to one with the good lines and well-developed character to be killed and the boring and badly-written Justin to survive.

Let’s hope in any case that it was Adam who ran Matt over and he gets caught.

4 Likes

Just thought: was she the “core writer” who got sacked from TA for making a complete balls of continuity - and went on to blame everyone else and claim she was discriminated against? (Somehow I must have missed the Ineptitude Pride marches - possibly they’d planned a piss-up in a brewery?)

5 Likes

I think she was, yes.

5 Likes

Is it just me? Everyone sounded odd tonight, and I mean their actual voices.
The script was pretty poor, but I am fairly sure that isn’t just me.

5 Likes

Maybe they all have colds.

5 Likes

The SWs? The whole lot of them going down with bubonic plague wouldn’t excuse the heap of shite they served up tonight. Are they doing it for a bet, do you reckon?

4 Likes

How do you get invited to return after
a. Getting booted for messing stuff up
b. Then wildly blaming everyone but yourself ???

Anyway, I guess she’s won awards so we should feel privileged to have her.

5 Likes

[quote=“Gus, post:9, topic:725”]Is it just me? Everyone sounded odd tonight, and I mean their actual voices.
[/quote]No. I missed the first 5m & switched on to hear a sound quality which was ‘different’. Not better or worse but different. Almost like they’d used a new digital techique.

I also didn’t recognise Robert at all & Alice’s poshness had risen a notch. In fact she’s also developing the Pip drawl nicely too.

5 Likes

Thank you, Armers: yes, that’s v much the sort of thing I experienced. And yes, I thought Robert did sound rather different from usual. Alice not so much.

4 Likes

Robert sounded drunk.

4 Likes

Giving listeners the finger?

4 Likes

Ah, was that it? I have no experience of that sort of thing, you see…:innocent:

4 Likes