The Duxford Sisters

The “Caroline is dead” episode was unexceptionable, but what I’ve heard of the rest has had me going and doing something else before the end of the show.

3 Likes

Yes. It’s been a remarkably blegh sort of five days.

2 Likes

…and a few questions spring to mind:

How was it for you Jill? Enjoy the meal? Did Brian behave himself? Was JD her usual pretentious self? Did you get an industrial sized doggy-bag for the kitchen sweepings?

And what precisely was the point of introducing the effing SL in the first place?

4 Likes

It was one of those storylines that equate to walking into a room and wondering what you’d planned to do and walking out feeling mystified.

And to think these people get paid?

5 Likes

The irresistible opportunities for hilarity it offered, joe. Jill hurling flapjacks (because incensed by food waste? um, okay…) and being arrested. The amazing edginess the situation imparted to what would otherwise have been the usual dull dialogue at the fete. I’m sure that was the high point of, ooh, at least one listener’s history with TA, although I missed any actual announcement to that effect.

Some people are never satisfied.

coff

6 Likes

While we’re on the subject of pointless abandoned SLs, what’s happened to Doc Locke?

4 Likes

Do you remember that William Gaminara played the part of Johann in Ambridge Extra, a man with whom Kate had an affair in South Africa? It would be interesting if Johann came to Ambridge. William Gaminara could play both parts and it would be far easier to tell Johann and Richard apart than Richard, Harrison and the vicar!

3 Likes

:slight_smile: I think he actually grew up in Africa, so the accent should be fairly authentic.

Just checked - grew up in Zambia. A bit of a way from SA, but still…

Note from Wiki that he’s married to Kate Lock. Strange but true. First professional role was touring Shakespeare round schools with a certain Michael Lumsden.

4 Likes