This episode…

Yes. What is it with the TA scriptwriters, that they turn so many of the leading female characters, into bed-hoppers?

Must be the paucity of the plots.

4 Likes

Anthea hired. Clunk tick
Justin interested in Matt C’s outfit. Clunk tick
Anisha allowing Rex to hope (gah!) and Rex being set up to draw some expression of jealousy or interest from the Belle of Brookfield. Clunk tick, and a little bit sick
Freddy chafing at the so-unfairness of it all and envying Johnny with his IoW tickets and his bit of skirt and feeling claustrophobic. Clunk tick.

4 Likes

Lillian should take care. It’s obvious that Justin likes mature women. Anthea is younger than Lil is. She’s still working (so below retirement age). Lil is way over the hill (and round the bend, too).

3 Likes

It’s quite a way down this exceptionally lewd collection http://lmgtfy.com/?q=“a+man+called+andronicus%2C+titus”

I’m so tempted to post an answer to a stupid question quite regularly but thought you wouldn’t take offence so I’m risking playing!

4 Likes

Well, that wasn’t the version I had in mind but top marks for effort - to you for tracking it down and putting it in that clever interactive presentation (warning, CG and any others with allergies: it’s Google-based!) and to the Onlie Perpetrator. Ta, Marj!

3 Likes

I think the second about Andronicus, Titus must be the one you mentioned, Gus, given the first and last lines, and if it isn’t it ought to be.

A man called Andronicus (Titus)
Had a nasty attack of colitis;
It began with meat pies,
And the issuing cries
Of his sons, saying,“Daddy, don’t bite us.”

3 Likes

thass the one, more or less. ‘Issuing cries’, yep. I only saw the one ending in ‘situs’ but then I didn’t click on the link through to the page itself.
Why do so many limericks not scan in limerick pattern? Rhetorical question, but it does make me cross. I’d defy you to name four successive topics that don’t, mind you.
Harrumph.
Gus

3 Likes

Cats?
Other cats?
More cats?
Cats in succession?

And anyone who wants to argue that those are the same subject doesn’t know cats…

2 Likes

Oh aye, you think you’ve outwitted and defeated me there, don’t you, Fanta?

Let’s take a closer look, then, shall we[quote=“Fanta, post:28, topic:408”]
Cats?
[/quote]

Mrs B. Cat had a fit of the Insanes this morning, thundering about the house, beating seven bells out of Squeaky Rat and shredding furniture, stair carpet and so on. All because there was a bit of a breeze outside that had got up her tail. And I was not in the 'umour.

Every time, seemingly, I open the front door, Patchfaced Oaf tries to rush in. This causes, as you might imagine, No End of Trouble and Spitting

The new two who are visiting the garden and unaware of the rules.

Answers as above, in succession, plus the maternal cat, which is causing concern to the mother and a certain amount of wear and tear on the Gusly eardrum.

Furry pointy-eared little sods, the lot of them. Bah!

4 Likes

No use of “cystitis” to rhyme with Titus ? I’m disappointed.

3 Likes

There was a young man called Titus,
Who’s wife suffered from cystitis.
He said, “let’s be hasty,
and put in the pastry,
The cause of Tamora’s mastitis”.

3 Likes

Ewww, you horrid child, Armers.

2 Likes

(mode=pained)
It doesn’t scan!
(/mode)

3 Likes

Depends how you speak Fishy.

Remove “from” if it helps.

2 Likes

Losing “from” would make it worse, not better.

“There was a young fellow called Titus
Whose wife suffered dreadful cystitis”

would scan, and fit with the last line.

3 Likes