This is awful, isn't it?

Eddie’s monologue, I mean. Awful acting, awful writing.

And now Clarrie’s being a tower of strength. Give me strength!

5 Likes

Oh, now we’ve got to the ‘you must eat something’ stage. We’ll have a cliché bingo soon.

5 Likes

More a ‘heap of breakfast’, really.
Which , had this been broadcast earlier in the day, would be what would have happened here.

5 Likes

Best line:

Will: I went for a walk by the Am.
Clarrie: The river?

4 Likes

Oh, and Twitter is in tears. And apparently if you thought it was mawkish (I didn’t tweet that but agree with it) then you can’t have lost a parent.

4 Likes

Both my parents have died, one of them in my presence, and I never felt the slightest desire to launch into soliloquy.

5 Likes

After a quick audit, I can confirm that I remain short one Dad, and I thought it was mawkish in the extreme. So Twitter can do one.

4 Likes

Will: No, she went of her own accord

Yet another reason to believe that nothing that happens on Twitter is of any importance.

4 Likes

This Soliloquy. Is it a Nissan ? Or a Renault ?

3 Likes

“To lose one parent may be regarded as a misfortune; to lose both looks like carelessness.” (Lady Bracknell “IOBE”) (O. Wilde)

…but then I’ve always been somewhat careless! :hushed:

2 Likes

…yes, bloody terrible scriptwriting! :poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop: (…ah! …that feels much better, a slight attack of the Mr. Toads, I think!)

2 Likes

Both of my parents died in my presence, as did my husband

No soliloquy here, either

Carinthia.xx

2 Likes

I didn’t lose either of my parents, Sturmers; they died.

3 Likes