Tiger ... endangered species?

No bad thing!

2 Likes

If Matt manages to get Justin off air I shall be delighted; if he manages to get rid of Toby as well, I’ll buy Kim Durham a lemon drizzle cake and have it delivered to the Old Vic School in Bristol. or even deliver it myself if I happen to be there in term time.

1 Like

No, I don’t remember that though I was listening at the time. It doesn’t sound like Brian either. He can be cutting and acerbic but not petty and spiteful which is what he and Justin sounded like today.

2 Likes

Ther’s certainly something quite attractive about him when he is indulging in dark deeds, but I couldn’t disagree more that it is JustWilliamishness. I knew a Matt, or at least a Matt-in-embryo. In fact, I nearly married him. Life would certainly never have been dull… Not JustWilliamish at all, though, trust me on this.

1 Like

Maybe Brian wasn’t there, you’re right. It was just a snidey little member of the board.

Lowfield Sunday 6th June, 2010
"Matt is still being encouraging of Lilian’s business ideas. When she points out Sunday is a day of rest he gets them squeezed in at the club for an afternoon round of golf. Gerry Morton riles him briefly; “Fancy seeing you here Matt, and in your own clothes. Thought you’d be in an orange jumpsuit”. He’ll show Gerry and the rest of the backstabbing BL board; these properties are just the start."

3 Likes

Hmmmm. I think you may have thought William more ingenuous than I did, Gus.

(Which tried hard to be spelt “Gid”, twice. Should I worry about this?)

1 Like

Oh, I didn’t mean you to go and check! I just meant I didn’t remember the incident at all.

3 Likes

I just suddenly wasn’t sure whether I had imagined it, so I did a search on “golf” in 2010 and it was the first thing that came up. Took ooh, twenty seconds of my valuable time, that did.

2 Likes

I think on the whole I should worry the more, don’t you?

No, I didn’t think William Brown was ingenuous, at least not whenever the option of being dis-so was open to him. Hmmm. Hard to pin down.

2 Likes

I think he made trouble for the sake of making trouble, and that is always rather how I have thought of Matt Crawford: if it seemed like a good idea… Well, let’s not worry too much about consequences

1 Like

It’s the “Because I can” factor again.
I’m wondering how a William would be viewed by teachers and psychs today. Probably ADHD, or in possession of a Personality Disorder.

4 Likes

He would be given Ritilin and “cured” of being a normal nuisance-boy, I should think.

3 Likes

I think I’d be tempted not to use Ritilin - too expensive a drug for the Grundy’s - and try the whole family on Warfarin, first. Let’s face it. It’s the only way we are ever going to get rid of Joe.

2 Likes