Tom : What a Silly Sausage

Just heard tonight’s epi. It’s now important for my sanity that he gets royally stuffed. If he wins through this I may have to shoot him.

4 Likes

A stuffing he might survive. A filleting, no. So while applauding your sentiments, I vote for a filletiing. Immature Idiotic, irritating and irrogant. Arrogant. One can get carried away with the alliteration. Or the prospect of half of one million smackers to buld little wooden sheds to torture vegetables, milk and paying punters in.

It’s the grief of a ‘losing’ a child that wasn’t planned for or known about until four weeks before it made its splishy final exit, though, so we should cut him some slack. Or an appropriate length of rope. Bet the inept little sod can’t even make a decent noose, mind.

2 Likes

That’s all right, most of the failure modes of hanging are more painful and take longer but are still fatal.

3 Likes

What Tom said was entirely reasonable, about the fact that he’d discovered Justin was proposing to pay well below the odds for land that they had no need to sell anyway until Justin put the idea in Helen and Tom’s heads. Why should they sell to Justin for at least five hundred pounds less than the land is worth? Why should they sell to Justin an indeterminate amount of land, since Justin hadn’t even bothered to tell them exactly how much he wanted or indeed exactly how much he was offering for it, just that “I reckon about a million pounds” and that only if it had planning permission?

No, the one being infantile and throwing his toys out of the pram on that occasion was Justin, who was deprived of his immediate con.

1 Like

Five hundred thousand pounds less, I think, Fanta, unless I misheard it, which is always possible

Carinthia.xx

1 Like

Meant five hundred thousand, mistyped. Thanks.

1 Like

That’s about the only thing I have got right for, ooh , days…

You’re welcome :slight_smile:

Carinthia.xx

1 Like

Assuming he can trust Matt.

Who would certainly not be considered a disinterested party, for at least two reasons: his possible interest in buying the land himself, which is fair enough, and his personal relationship with Justin, which would give him an obvious incentive to make a spurious higher offer purely to queer the deal with Justin. (It seems a bit petty for Matt, but hey.)

2 Likes

It would have been more reasonable if Tom had had time to consult anyone else, but in fact he had only the weekend, and I doubt anyone would have come out to do a valuation since Friday.

Matt made no offer of any sort; he merely said Tom was being cheated, and that if Tom wanted he could put him in touch with people who might well make a higher offer.

1 Like

It’s not making any sense to me. How does Tom know the land is not worth two million? Or half a million? He hasn’t asked anyone whose word he has any reason to trust, he just took Matt at his word and steamed ahead.

But the BFNI have in all this time they have taken while waiting for Tony to make up his mind not taken a single step to have the land evaluated independently so why do I expect it to make sense?

3 Likes

It doesn’t. I think that is the answer, isn’t it?

3 Likes

And now Tony, who didn’t want to sell, has gone and bitten Justin’s hand off and taken a hundred thousand pounds less even than the low offer made by Justin – still without getting the land valued! What he ought to have said, and would have done in real life, was, “Oh well, them’s the breaks.”

4 Likes

…after giving Tom’s legs a couple of hearty whacks with a crowbar, I trust.

4 Likes

That too.

4 Likes

I just caught up.

Did i really hear Helen, at the family gathering, mutter back-ups to Tony as he laid into the Silly Sausage as though she had no knowledge of what he’d planned ?

Like a schoolchild shouting “yeah … AND your mum” while the crowd kept him safely behind them and out of arm’s reach !

Then her sucking up to him again after ??

5 Likes

Fagash is going to make up the difference, isn’t she? Probably from the money Matt’s paid back. Another "Get Out Of Jail " card for T & H :rage:

5 Likes

What a horrible thought.

3 Likes

[quote=“joe, post:16, topic:448”]
Fagash is going to make up the difference, isn’t she?
[/quote]I didn’t think of that, but it’s a fair point.

Yuck, yuck, yuck. Fur ball moment.

If she does i hope it goes silently and directly to Pat’n’Tone and the two vultures see or hear if none if it.

I’m still favouring Justin’s plan going mammaries skyward tbh.

4 Likes