Typical Pat

When given the chance, she will always agree with her children and do her husband down.

5 Likes

At least though, as with bullying, obsessed Tom, it’s the person we always used to know.

6 Likes

Poor bloody Tony. Such charming children, as well as such a supportive wife.
Helen was on the scent of a pound (well, a million of them, to be fair) like a Border Terrorist on a rat.

5 Likes

Sixty-odd people on her doorstep may end up being quite a shock to her system, especially if (not being privy to her backstory, nor indeed caring about it) they trample all over her fragile feelings and tell her a few home truths when she tries to patronise them.

4 Likes

No mention of paying her Court costs…

The greed, & arrogance is breathtaking

Carinthia.xx

4 Likes

She and Tom have that scheme for turning the pack-house (used for packing the veg boxes, last I heard) into some sort of trendy School of Cheese, or some such. Possibly with pickling instructions.

4 Likes

I feel I could draft some.

4 Likes

I expect you could! My expertise in that area starts and ends with “add vinegar and leave for some time to consider its sins”.

(Actually I make what I have been told is a very fine chilli sauce that was meant to be chilli chutney, and is completely wasted on me because I can’t eat the things.)

2 Likes

Ah, well that is almost there: you omitted to mention the all-important ‘remove bands of skin with a peeler or sharp knife to give a striped effect’ that should precede it, though.

3 Likes

Pickling Spice ?

Carinthia.xx

2 Likes

I’m a veggie, dere and wasn’t planning on eating them. It’s the process, not the product, that is the point here :japanese_ogre:

1 Like