Unanswered Questions

What dropped storyline would you like them to dust off when they start recording again?

I still want to know what Toby was hiding in Brighton…

6 Likes

Fallon’s singing career. She was right on the edge of getting out of that hellhole, and then it all vanished.

5 Likes

Will we ever meet the new residents of Home Farm?

6 Likes

Natasha’s incredible, mountainous debt

Her journey’s home, hoth prior to leaving him, and when she left him.

5 Likes

Alice, jobless after the person she’s covering for returns from maternity leave*, hits the bottle in earnest and takes to drunkenly berating everyone else for their shortcomings. She showed promise at Nic’s funeral…

*Her eldest must be starting school by now

6 Likes

Has nobody yet dropped Russ off the Lower Loxley roof onto his head?

6 Likes

And why on Earth not?

5 Likes

Where is Holly-the-Dog, anyway? And of course Ky (or Kai or however the poor animal is spelled)?

6 Likes

I like Russ. He doesn’t bother to conceal his dislike and contempt for various of Ambridge’s pestilential nuisances, and that is refreshing.

Well, when I say ‘like’ - to be more accurate it means he is in the bottom half of my To Do (Away With) List.

7 Likes

I’d use that effin’ kettle on him. Creepy sod. He should at the very least try to have a go on Elizabeth.

7 Likes

Yes, I felt that Elizabeth / Russ love interest storyline was one they tentatively broached, and then either regretted or forgot about…

5 Likes

Not sure whether I regret that or not. Lily’s reaction could have been entertaining.

5 Likes

I’m not sure that hearing any reaction from Lily would be preferable to not hearing her at all.

Well, maybe if she were to follow her father’s example…

6 Likes

And saith unto her, If thou be the daughter of Nigel, cast thyself down; for it is written, He shall give his angels charge concerning thee; and in their hands they shall bear thee up, lest at any time thou dash thy foot against a stone.

7 Likes

Good thinking. There are so many for me…

1. What Ian and Adam fell over in the Am when they were skinny-dipping
  2. Why Harrison hates his brother so much
  3. Who did Olwen scrounge off next (not sure if that one could ever get interesting)
  4. Why haven’t Rex and Lily had that promised grope yet?
  5. Natasha, her disappearances and ‘Trevor’
  6. Did Jakob decide that he wanted to go forth and multiply?
  7. Joy Horville and her loosely-concealed nymphomaniac tendencies
  8. Whether Lee’s daughters will try and poison Helen with chocolate flowers (pleeeeeeez)
  9. Whether Michael eventually gets in touch with Jim
  10. Leonard’s Lies
  11. Ben’s Shagsploits
  12. Vince Casey’s spoilt brat’s wedding
  13. Why did Aziz’ owner not sue Shula when she turned the poor beast into a porker?

(and SL’s I couldn’t give a stuff about - Rewilding, the widget for the cider press, Tracy and the cricket team, Ian and his maternity blues/ Chef-jealousy)

8 Likes
  1. What was Carol Tregorran for?

Actually, I know the answer to that one. It was so that she could be around for the Ablazing Grace Memorial Tea. Ditto the reintroduction of the Fairbrother name* (“So dull they bore us twice”).

In other words, the whole thing was set up to promote one of SOC’s vanity projects.

*Despite claims to the contrary the Borefeathers were no more “an old Ambridge family” than Matt or the Snells. George Fairbrother only moved to Ambridge in 1951 and was hell bent on turning it into a quarry.

6 Likes

Welcome, AuberJean14 (surely there can’t be 13 previous versions of you!) Cool name, anyhow. Stick around.

5 Likes

A brilliant list Auber Jean yet, through no fault of your own, barely scratches the surface of the Post-it Note mysteries.

Take “4. Why haven’t Rex and Lily had that promised grope yet?”.

Ditto for Rex & Pip, David & Pip, Joe & Pip. Alice’s Adventures in Overtime … she was being set up for either harassment or an affair but it just faded away. Various interventions with Shula.

Then, Natasha’s debt mountain. Let alone her mysterious orchards … mysterious businesses in general tbh.

7 Likes

Oh, very good. Mwah!

7 Likes

I want to know where Tilly Button is

And Jamie - Doesn’t her have a share in the Bull?

6 Likes