Well, good for Ruth

David was actually proposing to tell everyone he had let the cattle out! Can you imagine how that would appear after all of his and Ruth’s shouty boasting about their impeccable bio-securi’y? “Ooh, I’ve just remembered …” Not everyone is as stupid as they are when they believed their lying daughter only just remembered about the escaped cattoo when Ruth asked if any fences had broken or cows escaped.

And now Ruth thinks they should continue to cover up. My only hope is that Ed talks. But then why would he implicate himself since he put the cows in with Home Farm cattle and he hopes to get work from Adam?

1 Like

Because he is one of the very small percentage of the population allowed out without keepers who are dimmer than even Dopey Dave?

1 Like

Yes, that occurred to me. Let’s hope he lets slip to Emmur who tells Clarrie and Susan who tells Pat and Tony and everyone else in the village.

4 Likes

Behave, JJ. Susan is fambley.

If she finds out about it, she’ll tell everybody.

1 Like

I’m counting on it!

4 Likes

It is Jill’s business insofar as she has to live in the same house as Ruth, and when Ruth is in a bad temper it never takes her long to direct it at Jill.

I cannot see why Pip should be forgiven, certainly not in the immediate future. More to the point would be suggesting to her that she might like to go and get a job elsewhere for a few years, as her father did and as her grandfather did and as her great-grandfather would have done if he hadn’t been a conscript in a war and then his father died and he had to come home to take the farm on.

3 Likes

Hmph. If you say so.

The trouble is that conversations between other family members also all seem, in Jill’s estimation, to be Jill’s business. I would find that level of nosiness and micro-interference utterly intolerable. But then I have never been in danger of poisoning my family, except on purpose, so there would be no upside for me in having the dreadful creature around, running not only my kitchen but the entire bloody family’s life.
If they don’t shoot matriarchs, why don’t they? as a film was so memorably not titled.

1 Like

Ruth made the rod for her own back when she twice invited Jill to skivvy for them. Written into the contract is Jill’s right to stick her beak into everything. As for the present situation, if you go round creating an atmosphere, which Ruth is doing with all that sighing and sulking, no wonder Jill goes into preaching mode. She is absolutely appalling and they do so thoroughly deserve her. I only wish she’d do some of that preaching at Pip instead of telling her there, there, it’s all fine.

7 Likes

I haven’t listened and wonder if I ever shall, again.
Soo xx

3 Likes

We’ll let you know if there is a particularly fine episode.

3 Likes

This is the point at which I could start holding my breath…
I know, as a fact, that I’ll LA tomorrow so I’ll save this thread in the interests of catharsis.
Soo xx

4 Likes

As long as you clear up when you’re done.

2 Likes

Vicks Sinex is good for that.