Well, that's all perfectly clear…

Screen Shot 2020-08-14 at 19.54.54

4 Likes

It gets better! Having read the instructions, I understand less than I did before.

(8) is at least comprehensible (though singularly unenlightening) but it rather goes downhill after that. (13) is pure poetry…

Screen Shot 2020-08-14 at 20.30.44

4 Likes

For “horn” read “loudspeaker” perhaps… “this sign comes on when the thing is making a noise” or “this is where the noise comes out of”.

4 Likes

Recovery hole?

4 Likes

The only thing that springs to mind is ‘convalescent home’ after a bad day on Google Translate.

4 Likes

11 is the reset hole - you stick a pin in it to restart the device. That’s easy.

4 Likes

…in the event of a crash, according to a later instruction.

Which, given that the device in question is a dash / reversing camera*, adds whole new layers of ambiguity :slight_smile:

I’m still baffled by “do not leak seconds”

*Henses are difficult to see when reversing

4 Likes

My best guess is that you don’t lose the last few seconds of recording when the power goes off, i.e. there’s a big enough capacitor to finish writing the memory to non-volatile storage.

4 Likes

It’s a thought, but it’s rechargeable…

I suppose the translation could have been worse:

“Do not leak Number 2s…”

4 Likes

But it still shuts down automatically when you disconnect vehicle power, according to that same page.

4 Likes

Well, probably

I have a feeling this is going to be one of those cases where you work out what does what when you plug it in. The instructions are worse than useless

4 Likes

An approach which has never led to:

a) grinding noises and shattered plastic housing;
b) smoking ruins;
c) embarrassing bundles;
d) smoking ruins; and
e) recriminations plus any combination of a to d but normally involving smoking ruins.

4 Likes

That prolly describes me ATM, Gus… :wink::joy:.

Carinthia. xx

5 Likes

Ah, but were you also knocked abaht a bit by Cromwell?
No? Delighted and relieved to hear it, Dahlink.

:smoking: ? There doesn’t seem to be a ‘ruin’ emoji so have a :bear: and subtract the ‘B’…

The inaugural meeting of the SSG will take place as soon as you have gathered yerself and a few pins, Darling…

ssj - the Society for the Suppression of Gusses

5 Likes

I don’t want suppressed Gus

So there!

3 Likes