Well, well, Helen

I never thought that I would say this, but she done good tonight. Telling Justin just how unwelcome and unliked he is – yes, I know it’s just Helen being typical Helen, but he’s not to know that. I hope it makes him take a real scunner to the whole place.

1 Like

She did not do good tonight. She was exceedingly rude. Is it Justin’s fault that the BFNI are: stupid enough to let Tom attempt to do business on their behalf about land which he does not actually own; naive enough not to get an impartial valuation of the asset in question; greedy enough to decide to sell at a lower price than the one first mentioned rather than hanging on to their precious land if it really means that much to them?
And then to have the cheek to resent Justin. If they are unhappy about the price they shouldn’t have signed. If they are in mourning for their lost £100k of fairy gold, they should be kicking Tom’s arse around the farm perimeter three times a day before meals and again before retiring for the night. What makes them think they have any right to the moral high ground? Particularly that wilful, lying, man-mad stabby slut Helen. She needs reminding regularly that she is very lucky not to be rotting in jail with the prospect of a few more years to go, rather than being in line for another rigged ‘award’ for her rotted bovine lactation products.

3 Likes

We know how Justin behaved, and as far as I am concerned Helen is entitled to be as nasty to him as he was to Tom. “Playing hard-ball” in his nasty little world is such unpleasant behaviour that he deserves any brickbats he gets thrown at him, even if they are from such a low source as Helen. No, in fact, especially if even someone as low as Helen makes it clear that she despises him and his idea of “negotiating”.

1 Like

The BFNI were not forced to accept the lower offer by any agency except their own greed and stupidity. Good luck to Justin, They are utter fools, and self-righteous to boot.

4 Likes

Not the first time she’s played the “not part of the family” card, of course, as Hayley and Brenda could attest. Odd how it didn’t apply to Rob, though…

3 Likes

That is very true. I emitted a hollow laugh when she brought that up.

4 Likes

None the less, unlike Hayley or Brenda the man Elliott thoroughly and fully deserves to be ostracised, told he is unacceptable and unaccepted, and made to realise that money can’t buy him love.

1 Like

I don’t see why he is ‘unacceptable’ by Ambridge standards. He’s a bore, and unconvincing, but scarcely the baby-eating Bishop of Bath & Wells.

4 Likes

I don’t disagree (not least because the character’s thoroughly unconvincingly written) but by the same token they should have been included given the amount of work they put in (and which Helen was quite happy to exploit when it suited her).

2 Likes

He is a nasty whinging man-child who (don’t let us forget) employs people he knows full well to be rapists even if they were not charged with rape because the editor left, and thinks that sharp business is the way to endear himself to a small village where he is disliked and has been repeatedly snubbed.

The baby-eating Bishop of Bath and Wells (who he?) wouldn’t be such a perpetual prat.

1 Like

He employed, in a period of urgent need*, a man against whom no charges had been brought. If that is ‘knowing someone full well to be a rapist’, then I dare say I am a banana.
As to ‘sharp business’ practices - well, he offered over the odds for Brookfield for no apparent reason; he pulled the plug on Cowditz - both examples of unparalleled villainy, I grant you. I suppose you are classifying the deal with Bridge Farm as sharp practice: I wouldn’t, myself.

The paedophage prelate is a character in Blackadder, a once popular televisual comedy, m’lud.

*the urgent need being not his, but the prod team’s.

3 Likes

Ah. I have no television.

Elliott employed someone he knew to be a rapist because he knew that the man was odious and was thoroughly disliked in the village. This at the same time as saying that he wants to be accepted in the village. He is a moron, and deserves anything Helen chooses to say to him; at least for once she is sniping at a legitimate target instead of at her unfortunate parents.

Sharp practice is buying up land along one route of a proposed new road and then attempting to bribe the local council into taking it that way, in spite of that not being the optimum route. (And failing, which makes him a failure as well as a shite-hawk.)

2 Likes

Buying up land that will potentially be in demand is not sharp practice. He is a developer. It is what they do. Did he actually try to bribe the council, or merely to influence them? The former is illegal; the latter is perfectly normal. That Ambridge didn’t like beiing on one of the proposed routes isn’t really too surprising and might be a reason for the dolts that inhabit it to take a scunner against Elliot but it doesn’t mean that what he was doing was villainous.

What I don’t understand is why he gives a flying Continental whatchamacallit about being taken to the village’s collective bosom. It’s not easy for him, being written as a shit-hot failure and cuddly soft-hearted evil pluted bloatocrat, Fanta: have a heart.

4 Likes

He can always leave if he doesn’t like it…

4 Likes

I want him to leave because I don’t like him.

4 Likes

… but her objections stem not from him buying the land and having plans for it but from him not being nice to her brother after he tried to pull a fast one.

So it’s not WHAT Helen is but how much she charges, which is the issue.

I may have a modicum of sympathy for her if she hadn’t been portrayed more or less salivating over her plans for that money … and more.

But she was, so i don’t.

6 Likes

She could have been saying much the same, to a mirror.

4 Likes

But then Justin may have to work with the Archer nation in the future. Is it wise to antagonise one tribe of that nation, just because he wants to look a clever git?

He’s supposed to be an international businessman. Not a penny-ante cheapskate fraud-merchant, who makes Matt’s business ethics look good.

Let’s face it. A real international businessman, knowing any deal between him and some future family relation, would almost certainly come back to haunt him. Would have stayed well clear of this deal and had it handled by whoever usually handles deals for his so-called “international company”

This storyline is the usual incredible tosh from the usual incredible kiddies who write this rubbish.

5 Likes

[quote=“Gus, post:13, topic:474, full:true”]What I don’t understand is why he gives a flying Continental whatchamacallit about being taken to the village’s collective bosom. It’s not easy for him, being written as a shit-hot failure and cuddly soft-hearted evil pluted bloatocrat, Fanta: have a heart.
[/quote]
I know, Gus, practically every time Justin opens his mouth I’m rolling my eyes because he’s contradicting some previous behaviour. Lils get all snappy with him over the bathroom, for instance, and his reaction is to ask in worried tones what’s upsetting her: how can that be the same person who told her rudely that it was none of her business if he chose to hire the man her niece had accused in court of rape and abuse, and how does that decision fit in with the man who hired Lils to promote his image locally?

Justin is neither likeable nor believable, so I find I just can’t engage with his character.

5 Likes

That’s a depressing prospect; the only dealings I want him to have would concern negotiating a notice period for his permanent departure from the Dour House.

Well, he’s halfway there…

What character?

5 Likes