What an annoying, incompetent cow

Just had a wander around wiki and gave up out of weariness. I’m not surprised it’s still a crime in some countries (or states), but I was rather startled to see Massachusetts and New York in that list, and a felony, at that! Not one that is prosecuted, I imagine, or the prisons would be a lot fuller even than they already are.

Oh! And this made me laugh!

“Penalties vary from a $10 fine (Maryland) to four years in prison (Michigan).”

Wiki on adultery

4 Likes

But remember that crossing a state line for immoral purposes is still a federal offence.

4 Likes

Ah, yes, the Mann act, isn’t it?

4 Likes

That’ll be the Berk system. Sorry, The Burqa system. No doubt.

Not a part of British Criminal Law.

2 Likes

And we had to listen to the bloody woman and her voices again tonight, but were at least spared her blushing baritone dau’er. Pip is showing great good sense by naffing off back to the greater comfort of LL. Less chance of being seen looking like an unsuccessful prizefighter by either Rex or Toe-bee, either.

If all she has is cuts and bruiising, it wasn’t much of a kick, though, was it? So she should be back to work tomorrow, really, with a pack of arnica sandwiches.

3 Likes

Haha, Gus, just listened to the Podcast. Did you not hear? She needs time to get her confidence back, poor little heroine!

Still not getting why bloody Ruth thinks she can decide whether or not to sue the farmer.

4 Likes

Hear hear! Workshy little ha’p’orth.

I’m glad whoever gave up his bed for her without the option will be able to have his room back, though.

4 Likes