What an annoying, incompetent cow

Missed Pip’s brain by about three feet. And never mind the eye, far better if she lost the use of her gob.

5 Likes

Bitter disappointment, wasn’t it, Joe? And we had to listen to Ruth doing two of her three voices, the caring one with Pip and the shrill, angry one when talking about the farmer.

Oh, and as I think Fanta pointed out elsewhere: where for heaven’s sake is Pip going to sleep? ‘Yer need to be with yer fam’ly’. Right, raging headache, do I want the chaos of the Brookfield midden with hooty Jill, Ben’s music and Ruth’s caring voice or a spacious suite in leafy Lower Loxley with Elizabeth’s classical music playing softly in the background. Freddie with a bit of luck stays in his room and Lily does not barge in all the time telling one what to do. On balance, give me Lower Loxley over Brookers any day.

Looking on the bright side, let’s hope she’s given Josh’s room because the result of his having to move out at short notice probably means that it doesn’t smell very nice.

5 Likes

The cow’s managed better than anyone else has recently. But yeah, if she’s not even off to hospital that has to be counted as a bit of a waste of an agent-in-place.

6 Likes

I am the coo with the crumpled hoof.
I stuck it, nicely clarted, into Gilded Youth
And cracked its cerebellum: but the fact remains
Pip’s head is not the chief location of her brains.

Twine crowns of meadowsweet around the brow
Of this right-thinking, disappointed cow.

7 Likes

She does, I think. It is what Lily does all the bluddy time, barge in and tell people what to do.

5 Likes

Lily barges in as often as she’s allowed out of the character cupboard. She is a complete pain in the backside and should be contained.
Soo

5 Likes

You all know what I meant! So long as Lily does not barge in. But yes, of course. She would.

You know, I expect Pip has inherited her mother’s thick skin and wouldn’t mind if people took extraordinary liberties such as thrusting pregnancy kits at one and lurking outside the bathroom while one pees onto a stick.

6 Likes

Sounds like an episode to listen to at last :no_mouth:

5 Likes

Alas, not really: we didn’t even get any suspense, because Pip rang up and said there had been an accident so we knew from the start that she hadn’t been killed.

5 Likes

"…and then they saw the phone had been unplugged all the time!"
“Grandad, it was a mobile.”
“Oh.”

3 Likes

I don’t think I’ve ever been so disappointed. :sob:

2 Likes

There’s something disturbingly intimate about the breathy conversations between Pip and Josh. Is it time for an incest SL?

They obviously sound very different to their normal conversations but they don’t sound like brother and sister.

5 Likes

Josh could definitely do better. Pip equally obviously can’t: look what she has gone out with so far!

4 Likes

Surely Dopey has first dibs at that.

3 Likes

That explains why she was there so early bringing him a cup of coffee! Ah, yes, incest, we haven’t had that issue in TA yet, time to tick that one off Mr Kennair-Jones!

5 Likes

Technically and in some systems in this country, it is incest to have sex with the spouse of your sibling, because they are “one flesh” and so it is as if you had sex with your sibling.

In which case Ed and Emma was incest until after her divorce from Will.

3 Likes

Have I got this right? Emma and Will were ‘one flesh’ until their divorce, so Ed having sex with Emma amounted to Ed having sex with Will? OK, fine, so far so logical. But it doesn’t make Emma guilty of incest as well, does it?

3 Likes

The married person and the unmarried one are both committing incest if they have sex with each other, as far as I know. The relationship is incestuous and so are the parties to it, would be the way that would work.

3 Likes

I suppose that makes sense. Though in the case of adultery, the unmarried person in the relationship is not committing adultery. For instance when Brian had an affair with the then-unmarried (I think) Caroline, only he was the adulterer, not Caroline. I expect she was just a fornicator.

3 Likes

It’s complicated, isn’t it.

Incest is "sexual intercourse between two persons commonly regarded as too closely related to marry " or “sexual intercourse between two persons who might not marry in law”; adultery is “voluntary sexual intercourse between a married man or woman and a partner other than the legal spouse” – I think both are adulterous, if the act is adultery, just as both are incestuous if the act is incest.

3 Likes