What has happened to Peet's ML?

Yep i carried that drawer home very carefully only to find i had no use for it.
No time for good grammar at this time of night but apart from that you’re dead right.

4 Likes

Grammar schmammar, it’s the mace that counts.

But I am on my way to bed and cannot dally for jollity, dammit! Blast, and such.

2 Likes

It is indeed…

2 Likes

would you ever behave, joe, the wumman’s been traumatised. Well, to be fair, ‘warned’, but it comes to much the same thing in the end.

4 Likes

oooh, thass’ a good idea. I withdraw my previous post, sightly.

Only slightly, mind.

3 Likes

Considers punctuation options…

Backs away slowly

2 Likes

not slowly enough, laddie. Consider yerself battered.
As in a very real sense I definitely and most accidentally am. It has been an ‘interesting’ evening.

5 Likes

Ha, I knew this was my kind of board - battering on one thread, How To Stab Someone Without Cutting Off Your Own Fingers on another …

5 Likes

What can one expect when a bunch of such uncivilised people gather together? I mean, we mostly are not fit for the company of the sensitive. We even call such people rude names.

Gus, who has been battering you, and why? (There are times I feel like my mother. “The dog bit me!” “What had you done to him?”)

4 Likes

I still remember the roundhouse slap to the bum I got for hammering on the bathroom door to display a bleeding hand. “That’s for what you did to the cat!” and Ma returned to her ablutions. Good for her. I deserved it - although in my defence I was not being deliberately unkind to the cat, just foolishly doing something she wasn’t going to like very much. She made her displeasure plain as cats tend to do.

Sorry - ‘battered’ is like gazeboed, pajama’ed* and leathered/trollied/wankered. Far too much drink was taken. For reasons.

‘There are no reasons, only excuses’ - first person to say that will find themselves battered in the more conventional and spousely sense, and that’s a promise.

• thank you, MHJ McIntyre
3 Likes

I rather like “bosky”. Wood in the wood.

4 Likes

‘Bosky’ is good, but on the whole I should probably restrict myself to ‘slightly overgrown’. The poor cat had a very late breakfast.

3 Likes