Who will Dopey instruct for his Defamation action?

Does Hootenanny have another previously unmentioned top QC godchild who wants to waste a few months pandering to this disfunctional family?

Perhaps there’s someone with a brain ( even a legal one) from the distant Fairbrother clan who’ll represent Dopey in his highly lucrative action against Joe Grundy.

Dopey Dave vs Man of Straw - with Farmer’s Lung, 2017

4 Likes

He has clearly forgotten Rule One of Lawyering: Never Sue Poor People.

3 Likes

Perhaps he just reckoned that he wanted to shut Joe up rather than list all the things that have been wrong with Joe’s farming over the years. After all, he probably wanted to get home within a couple of days.

4 Likes

Snork! Back to that warm and happy home Brokefield and into the arms of his admin dodgy farmer wife Roof, Lemon Drivel brained mum, and super yodeller and hopeless liar Plop.
Get out the model farm and whip up some custard, it’s going to be a long summer.

5 Likes

It was a silly thing to say but it got him out of the door.

4 Likes

They all behave as if they need to get out more. Do you know what? I don’t believe it’s real. It’s got to be some kind of made up radio programme.

2 Likes

There were always FFS moments in TA, but they used to be spaced out a bit more, I think. They seem to follow with the relentlesness of waves in an Atlantic storm these days. Or is this an effect of the way time perception changes as I get older?

2 Likes

dunno. How old are you?

Aye, get used to it. Or stop listening. It is that simple. You can still bitch about it, after all :wink:

2 Likes

When I get older, losing my mind…

2 Likes

It’s all to do with global warming I think. You don’t get much decent acting or scriptwriting these days (Line of Duty did well last night, mind). Mostly, it’s thud and blunder. Ah, coffee, thank you.

1 Like

Do you remember where you left it? Have some of this cake and then I’ll help you look for it.

2 Likes

Probably with my hair.

3 Likes