Why is Will Grundy…

…in Alice’s bedroom?

3 Likes

And another day off for Alice

3 Likes

To my ear - which I readily concede is a less highly trained organ than yours - he didn’t sound in the least like Grundy, W.

Oh dear. I do think we are going to have a ‘tut, drinking is Very Bad For You’ SL. If they are that worried about us all, then perhaps they could simply stop driving us to it, six days a week.

4 Likes

I’d say listen to the opening scene again, but there are laws against that sort of cruelty.

3 Likes

You can say it all you like, joe, but we don’t have to do as you tell us.

Liberty Hall, that’s what this 'ere board is.

3 Likes

I’m beyond being hurt further, joe < snigger, that was a nasty one > and just exposed myself < no sniggers required, ta > to the first half minute or so.
The individual in the bedchamber occupied by ‘Sleeping Beauty’ sounded more like Roy than anyone else (including, Carter, C)

As a rule, after tying one on the night before, one does not look at one’s best. Whoever it was, he sounds a bit of a catch: kind words, aspirin (does anyone take aspirin for its original purpose these days?) and a bacon butty. Wrong sauce mind you, but that is a mere quibble.

4 Likes

Actually, now you mention it, you’re right - Roy, not Will. Getting my generic yokels confused…

Incidentally, how does Alice expect to get away with the “stomach bug” excuse? Wouldn’t there have been some of her workmates at the party? She must have met one or two of them on those rare occasions when she deigns to grace them with her presence. The people she was going to introduce to Ed must have been to do with work, after all.

And if we are going down the “demon drink” road, they’ve picked the wrong characters. I seem to remember Chris drowning his sorrows rather deeply on one occasion, so he can hardly claim the moral high ground.

3 Likes

Yes, he did, and then went into work with a hangover and got kicked in the chest by a horse because his judgement was shot and he just wanted to get the job over and go away and lie down somewhere. He therefore knows the dangers of going to work with a hangover.

3 Likes

It would make my day - probably my year, actually - if a casually handled client were to kick Alice in the breastal region (actually, anywhere sensitive would do) but I fear that this is not going to happen. Hmm, is there such a syndrome as flail mons pubis?

3 Likes

Yes - you could end up with something trivial like flail chest. He was lucky; it could have been a cracked collarbone…

Alice, on the other hand, is rarely in danger of going to work in any condition.

2 Likes