Why is Woodbine Falling Apart?

It’s virtually brand new. The boiler would have been serviced annually to maintain the warranty. Some people might say sod it, but not boring Christine.

Where is the archivist?

3 Likes

Poor quality tenants and wear and tear occasioned by Fallon’s completely silent and forgotten tat up-tarting activities.

And there was me hoping Peggy had died upstairs this evening

3 Likes

Woodbine was completely refurbished after being flooded in 2015, and Fallon and Harrison moved in on 20th October, 2015, after a complete renewal of the kitchen had been completed.

(So was I hoping Peggy might have died up there.)

3 Likes

But that is all that this is for. Just a poorly written storyline to hang the return of Auntie cardboard and Fallon on.

As for the other soporific storyline of JD and Lillian. FGS why doesn’t Fagash just say that Matt was there to “rescue” her. It’s going to look like much more, than it was, if the story leaks via Matt to Susan or someone.

3 Likes

There you are see. We do think alike. :smiling_imp:

4 Likes

I actually listened to the live broadcast this evening (but only because the CA said The Absolutely Radio Show was on immediately after.)

It was another episode where they seemed to be trying to get back to TA as was (good), but I didn’t really engage. How far it’s because SWs and actors haven’t re-engaged, and how far it’s adrenal exhaustion from the overstimulation of the SO’C reign I don’t know. Classic “what could possibly go wrong?” signal in Brian’s last line: “the best decision for everyone!”

I enjoyed The Absolutely Radio Show though.

4 Likes

Probably renovated by the chap who threw up my new-build. Problems from the start, and looks as though it’s falling to bits now.

4 Likes

Obviously by the same cowboys that did Alistair’s surgery and the Dour House

3 Likes

Our lesson is, Don’t move to the Midlands. The builders are crap.

4 Likes

My builder is indeed from the Midlands (though in exile).

4 Likes

He’s not Darrel is he? Only keep an eye for loose floorboards!

4 Likes

His best Matt-inspired-type trick so far has been an unsecured loft-ladder

5 Likes

Now that is something that doesn’t happen in Ambridge! They only have lofts when Jill goes up into one (and then it is an Attic, so presumably up stairs rather than a ladder) and finds Relics Of Their Childhood which, unlike ordinary mortals, they have neither destroyed by much use and love nor passed on to their children to destroy. Pristine toys, still with the note that came with them when they were given to the long-ago child, at that.

2 Likes

Presumably they were never actually given, because an unexplained continuity error caused them never to have existed, until they suddenly popped back into reality when the hatch was opened.

4 Likes

At which time memories of having played with them were also inserted. I get it.

2 Likes

Don’t forget the branded milk bottles. Really, who knew?

3 Likes

Was it usual for single farms to have personalised milk-bottles in the 1930s? I always rather thought they came round and you took out the milk-jug to get it filled from the churns on the cart.

1 Like

When I was tiny in the 50’s I got to ride shotgun with the guy delivering milk in a Glasgow suburb. That was from churn to household. But Dan obviously had a bottling plant.

3 Likes

Them blimmin’ Archers had everything…

2 Likes

I knew there were tough bits of Glasgow, but…

5 Likes