Will

Get rid of him.

The dreadful whiny voice in which he comes out with his self-righteous views made me switch off, even though I don’t approve of lying coppers, and The Absolutely Radio Show was on immediately afterwards.

I’m off to LA Absolutely now. Perhaps they could follow on from John Finnemore and Dead Ringers by having an Archers sketch. The Little Girl doing “Yes, I do know what is a Grundy!” would suit me fine right now. Or Callum Gilhooley as cricket captain.

4 Likes

Anything that increases the chances of getting rid of the ever ridiculous Ambridge supercop, is alright by me, since not only will it ditch these bluddy stupid cricket stories, but with luck, if supercop leaves, he’ll take Fallon with him.

2 Likes

I used not to dislike Fallon, once the stroppy adolescent stage was over.

3 Likes

I prefer Will to the superstalker lying policeman, honestly.

It’s a matter of principle: Will has them, Burns hasn’t.

2 Likes

So do I in principle, and I was on his side in the original Ed and Emma débacle. But I can’t bear to listen to him at the moment.

2 Likes

The trouble is that I can’t help feeling “That isn’t Will; I wish they wouldn’t write him that way” about it. They have lost my willingness to think the person in their play is real.

2 Likes

I completely agree.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t be surprised if this storyline was linked in with the speed-gun storyline.

Supercop is now badly compromised. Somebody done for speeding by Supercop, might now claim that Supercop was lying in what he said and furthermore that he has form for doing that.

2 Likes

Will is being put across as a neanderthal … a little extremely … but he’s quite reasonably miffed about the cricket team being turned from a competitive one so a social experiment, and VERY reasonably annoyed to find that he and everyone else was lied to by tbe captain and local scuffer to facitate that change.

He’s been brow beaten to that position and finds himself, & others, dropped in an attempt at affirmative action.

I’d be blooming hopping in his situation.

Meanwhile, Plod should be worried about his career. His credibility for truth & honesty is shot. If i was in Court on a charge where his word was required for evidence I’d have a field day.

5 Likes

All very true, but I still can’t listen to Will.

4 Likes

Aaah. That’s quite another matter Cradle. Perfectly reasonable.

4 Likes

I wouldn’t mind at all if it does mean Problems for Plod. It certainly ought to. But they could make Will a more empathetic protagonist and still skewer Plod.

3 Likes

The more acceptable they made Will, the worse it would be for Burns. Burns is a hero-person, who does good (according to them: I have heard no sign of this) and therefore anyone opposing him has to be horrible: Wayne the scrounging phlegm-meister, Will newly turned into a misogynist, which he has never been in his entire life) and what he wants he will get (Fallon whom he stalked in a creepy way and wouldn’t take no for an answer from).

4 Likes