You dumped him, Pip

Just leave him dumped. You do not repeat not need this waster in your life.

2 Likes

Apparently
Your topic is similar toā€¦

Not someone Iā€™d want to have a drink with in the pub
The Archers Apr 26 -

ā€¦is coming to my mind a lot these days. Itā€™s what I heard Norman Painting say about Phil on, I think, Desert Island Discs. Archers characters have always irritated, but these days a lot of them ā€¦

What possible similarity is there between the two posts?

The drawing out of the Pip and Toby storyline is driving me into another fit of CBA.

2 Likes

Depressing, isnā€™t it. And me with this pain in all the diodes down my left sideā€¦

1 Like

And that Fairbrother fella has put the thistles in the gin

1 Like

All our yesterdays, I mean topics, will tend to be a bit similar. Its an algaerhythm and not to be taken personally. One can always say ā€˜Get Lostā€™ when choosing to ignore the advice: in fact, I should try that myself. It wonā€™t get better for being properly sworn at (I donā€™t think. And if it could, that would be very deeply disturbing).

1 Like

I looked at my OP and I looked at the post it said it was similar to, and they have two words in common: ā€œnotā€ and ā€œinā€.

Spare a thought for me on the Spoilers threads. Happens every single time! ā€˜One-liners June 4-9ā€™ resembles ā€˜One-liners June 11-16ā€™. Yeah. Except for one important difference ā€¦

As for Pip: words almost fail. She really wants to keep him dangling as the devoted friend. Canā€™t accept what he said or even try to understand it. He may be a waster, well he is, but deluded as he is, his feelings appear to be sincere; whereas she is an utter bitch.

2 Likes

It is my experience of Lurve that it is fed by being cosseted to oneself and reinforced by oneself. Then if something turns it off, it is gone. That is what I do hope has happened to Pip, and it will also happen to Toby; what the trigger for his complete and sudden lack of interest will be, who knows, but if he happens to see her pick her nose or something, itā€™ll do it.

And the sooner the better, for all our sakes.

I have wondered whether the ā€œsimilarā€ nonsense is something which can be turned off; I can sort-of see its point when it is threads with names alike but for a date ā€“ ish ā€“ but not when there is really nothing in common except two short and often-used words.

1 Like

As the originator of the " I heard Norman Painting sayā€¦" thread I donā€™t see the similarity either - not that it would worry me at all if it were an exact repeat.

1 Like

That was rather how I felt about it. Fā€™Techie is away for the weekend, but I might ask about it next week if I remember.

2 Likes

Almost nothing we do is truly original. If I know Iā€™m building on, or passing on, someone elseā€™s thoughts I say so, but we canā€™t search through everything, every time we contribute, to check if weā€™re having a thought that someone else has already thunk.

(But as I say, I really donā€™t see the link here, so what the software is up to is a mystery.)

1 Like

This relationship is a complete stinker :poop:

2 Likes