A Sparrow's Meanderings: a fantasy

Some of us would regard that rather as we do vaccination, o Fish. FTAOD - as a jolly good thing

3 Likes

I dunno, do people actually care about who opens the Fate [sic]? I know I don’t, as long as there’s plenty of dropped ice-cream ‘n’ chips.

4 Likes

I have it on extremely well connected authority that this isn’t the case at all. This person knows EVERYTHING so it can’t be.

Despite you being correct. So there.

4 Likes

There’s a limit to the number of things that any one person can really be an expert on, I would have thought.

No, actually, I suspect I might know who you have in mind, and obviously she knows more than anyone else about everything.

3 Likes

Would you really want to deprive vacuous Lynda, of her chance to fawn to some equally vacuous celebrity nonentity?

She has form for that sort of thing, you know…

4 Likes

Yeah, I’d like the Fate to be opened by a bunch of people who falsely claim to be a famous boy band, and nobody in the village wants to admit they haven’t heard of them.

5 Likes

Three Directions ?

Pale Blue ?

Ned Sheeran ?

Spice Boys ?

BAAB ?

4 Likes

That is an Evil But Appealing idea, spadger.

3 Likes

Is JD on the committee? She and Lynda could organise an 80s night:

• ABC1
  • Freshly Squeezed Orange Juice
  • Only Soup Dragons
  • High Culture Club
  • Frankie Goes To Holyrood

Someone did suggest UB40, but no one in Ambridge had heard of them…

3 Likes

I likes a good memorialling, I does. Even if they spot you on the nosh, they just say “oh what a pretty birdie”.

4 Likes

…the corpse having been a one ‘who used to notice such things’?

3 Likes

Of course. She loved pretty birdies.

2 Likes

When people are talking about houses and trusts and things over coffee, they rarely notice that the biscuits have all bin accidentally et. Which is about the best thing about the whole situation, really.

4 Likes

A Human Fruit Machine is disappointingly short of fruit. Or indeed of free money (I am after all a Modern Bird).

Of course Kenton has never had a mortgage - he’s always lived off someone else!

3 Likes

S’just good plannin’ innit?

3 Likes

[quote=“HedgeSparrow, post:94, topic:437”]
A Human Fruit Machine is disappointingly short of fruit
[/quote]Alice did ask Adam…

4 Likes

Apologies for absence. I had the top off a bottle of milk that turned out to be Not Milk. Wot’s the point of having a yeast culture if you don’t get alcohol out of it, eh? Or at least bread.

[ptui] [ptui] [ptui]

4 Likes

Come and 'ave some of me experimental flatbread and revise yer opinions wrt bread. Not wrt The Booze. obvs. It’s the sort of thing to make a Sparrer wish wheat had never been invented, so it is. (one out of the three was edible. Ish. Ishish)

3 Likes

Well, a party is at least still a party. If people go off drinking Strange Fermented Muck and losing their appetites, that just means more of the normal fermented muck for me. Waste of a perfectly good tree, though.

Half-bottles of champagne are always welcome too. Quietly cleared up by Your Friendly Local Sparrer, rather than left lying around in an incriminating manner.

4 Likes

Werl, you know wot a friendly cricket match means. Tea! And a date who left early, leaving more scoff for the pore starvin’ sparrers.

And then there was a Grey Gables lunch gone uneaten too. Though why they will put quinoa into everything I still have no idea. Fortunately I have an Agile Beak.

5 Likes