Achieved so far today

Not the poetry, Gus (i lurve that). More when you say things I can only imagine having the wit and/or courage to spout. Brava, Maestra!
I have achieved shopping, today.
Soo xx

4 Likes

What a brave and diigent Bee you are. Is it uncomfortable, the homeward dance, with the bags strapped to your thighs?

I wrote myself down as Excused Shopping, owing to sudden onset idiopathic lameness. And congenital idleness. But Mrs B. needs more of her posh Canadian kibble, so I shall have to venture forth tomorrow. Cue downpours, hurricanoes, winds cracking cheeks, etc. Itā€™s being so cheerful that keeps me going, wee Bee. Gxx

5 Likes

Yes, the bag-strapping shenanigans is very hampering, Gus. Thankfully, a gentle wind was behind me and I landed without cracking a bottle.
So - this lameness. Whatā€™s that about?
Soo xx

5 Likes

As long as you got the important stuff home. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Would anybody like me to post some Pangolin recipes?

3 Likes

Evening All

I achieved getting home today, just after 3pm, but have been lying on the sofa a lot since

I have a cold, &, I suspect, an incipient ear infection. The flight back made me clutch my head, so am feeling abit delicate, & may need an Medicinal Summat

Will have to check if I actually have an Medicinal Summat in the house, thereā€™s no milk, so I will have to go & get some

Carinthia.xx

5 Likes

Home is good and I am glad to hear it.

Medicinals should be available in the Cellarā€¦

3 Likes

Welcome home, Carinthia. Very nice to have you back. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

I am sorry that you are feeling low, Carinthia and hope that your time away has been, on balance, A Good Thing.
OH and I had our 'flu jabs, today. His was NHS subsidised and mine cost Ā£12.99. We bumped into acquaintances shortly after (in Tesco, buying essentials for Ullapool, a week on Saturday) and we mentioned that we had had our jabs. The female said that she wasnā€™t sufficiently old to have the jab, the male said heā€™d had it (heā€™s 68), but didnā€™t believe in it. I asked the female if she felt that being below 65 meant that 'flu immunisation was too costly. She said that it was. FFS.
Soo xx

5 Likes

I am always painfully astonished at the amount of work involved in typesetting and printing a full score and set of orchestral parts, even for a short piece (ca. 10ā€™)

After a week of no sleep and fecking up my eyesight, they are printing, ready for delivery to the NSO - just need to check how many string parts they need.

Then thereā€™s just a couple of ensemble pieces and two operas to do. I used to wonder why I never seemed to have time to get back to my own compositionā€¦

Industrial quantities of restorative gin and beer may be in order this evening.

8 Likes

ā€¦after redoing all the parts because a glitch in converting the musx files to pdf introduced a spurious page so the recto and verso - including all the carefully planned page turns - are completely arseways. Which of course wase only discovered after doing a full print run.

6 Likes

Organises Industrial Quantities of everything

I canā€™t ā€˜Likeā€™ your Post, Joe, 'cos I am wincing in sympathy

I have unpacked, abit, but still spent a lot of time flumped on the sofa

Carinthia.xx

4 Likes

At least Aldi is only a five minute drive, so I can stock upon extra supplies without delaying the emergency medication too long.

5 Likes

Indeed

I Mustardmitt to buying some Brandy with the milk last night

I havenā€™t set foot outside today, & donā€™t intend to

Carinthia.xx

5 Likes

Itā€™s a disgrace that they donā€™t do doorstep deliveries, Dahlink. Hope that flumphing on the sofa has suitably restorative effects and that the cold and ear trouble is receding.
Gxxxx

5 Likes

Oh fuckadoodledoo, joe. The ā€˜likeā€™ was of course meant to indicate gibbering empathy, not malign delight. Hope the medication does whatever is needful.

The smell of freshly printed magazines still sets me rocking and whimpering. I have this talent, you see. I can pick one out of the box, open to a random page and find the thundering great literal or - worse - cock-up of substance that everyone including me missed before we said ā€˜Print!ā€™. And that was just easy stuff, lettersā€¦

I do still feel bad about the lie I told my daughter when inveigling her to learn to read music: 'Oh come on darling, itā€™s only eight letters to remember, not 26 : so easy ā€¦'
Mind you, the bugger could sight-read like a dream, once upon a time

6 Likes

Eveninā€™ Rocky.

3 Likes

I hope everybody has had a good day.

Soo. I was pestered by a large bumble-bee this afternoon it was quite dopey in what little sun, but the annoying little buzzer just wouldnā€™t bogie off. Not you was it? :slight_smile:

4 Likes

And this composer simply doesnā€™t do ā€œeasyā€ā€¦

7 Likes

Is this something GCHQ should be interested in?

2 Likes