Achieved so far today

After you with the medicinals bai

4 Likes

Right. I want you all to remember. Just for alibi purposes.

ā€œTwobers was here, but now heā€™s goneā€

Goodnight people.

3 Likes

If it was annoying it cannot possibly have been Our Soo. Nor, I rather doubt, a bumblebee: they are enchanting, not annoying.

5 Likes

At this time of year, Queen Bumble- Bees are looking for good hibernation spots, Useders. We donā€™t alarm birdies, as a rule.
Soo xx

5 Likes

I have achieved: all the day-before-the-barbecue things.

Gā€™night.

5 Likes

Thatā€™s Very Good,Dunnock

I donā€™t half fancy a Barbecue ATMā€¦

Carinthia.xx

4 Likes

Werl, you know where we are.

4 Likes

Look

I canā€™t ATM

I expect the Trebuchet to be active tomorrow

Please

Carinthia.xx

4 Likes

Iā€™m sure youā€™re right about it looking for somewhere to hibernate. I read earlier this year, that people were reporting that B-Bees seemed rather scarce. Not around here they werenā€™t. Theyā€™re far more friendly to people (who leave them alone) than wasps or hornets are, too.

4 Likes

I think it was staying around me, because I was wearing a red rugby shirt - probably attracted by the colour.
I wouldnā€™t have worn it had I knownā€¦ Mind you, I did look goodā€¦ As always. :sunglasses:

5 Likes

We forgive you. Just.

Meanwhile I too have Achieved everything on my list, plus a forty-mile round trip to fetch last nightā€™s guest, and then the one who was coming tonight canā€™t make it (damaged his arm, which is in a sling and ā€œNot to be movedā€, poor man) so I neednā€™t have been clever and got his pillows and duvet prepared, drat it. Oh well. Iā€™ll be sorry he isnā€™t here, I like him.

4 Likes

Carinthia, Iā€™d better send you some goatburgers now rather than try to remember later.

[ker-TWOING]

Also:

yardarm!

5 Likes

Thank-you, Dunnock

I does like a good Goatburger

Actually, I like most homemade Burgers

Carinthia.xx

4 Likes

At last, after a week of increasingly fraught phone calls and emails between composers, performers and airlines, I have managed to arrange a trip to Stuttgart in November. Trouble is, of necessity, itā€™s a sodding day trip; fly out from Dublin 10.15, back in Dublin at 22.25. I have done too much of this sort of thing over the years.

I really hope they serve decent beer on the train, because thatā€™s where weā€™re going to be spending a fair chunk of the eveningā€¦

4 Likes

[quote=ā€œjoe, post:456, topic:50ā€]
itā€™s a sodding day trip; ā€¦ I have done too much of this sort of thing over the years.[/quote]Ditto. Far better to be able to take in the city even if only for a night.

That said I flew in & out of Dublin on a monthly basis for 15 years and tried to stay over at least one night. I think I ate in every city restaurant South of the river at least twice.

Iā€™m now far too portly !!

4 Likes

House refurbishment update.

Well ā€¦ Phase one is all but finished. In the past month weā€™ve seen the Decorating done, Carpets laid, New lights fitted, Internal doors 4 or 9 done, but the difficult 4, 5 bedrooms & bathroom ones in a couple of weeks. That will then be that until itā€™s kitchen time.

A lot of ā€œputting backā€ to do ā€¦ added to a goodly amount of stuff NOT being put back ā€¦ hence about half a dozen trips to the tip already, More to come. Plus re-fitting various pictures ā€¦ Iā€™m nervous of that as itā€™s not easy to pierce the walls here, as all are made off Ruabon Brick, which are engineered bricks and very, very hard and so donā€™t easily receive thin pointy things. The walls are currently pristine & I am nervous about breaking into them.

But one done & things which are staying put away I can sit back and breath a little easier.

6 Likes

to fly?

3 Likes

[quote=ā€œGus, post:459, topic:50ā€] to fly? [/quote]On Ryan Air, for sure.

4 Likes

Today I have thrown away two sets of electric scales which did not work (one gave random weights, the other ate batteries at the rate of two a week, which is absurd) and put in train the purchase of a new set for use when I make flapjacks; I have old-fashioned ones available in the kitchen
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Antique-Black-Brass-Scoop-Kitchen/dp/B000HT1WH4
but for adding ingredients to a saucepan the electric ones are more convenient.

3 Likes

I have a set of ancient (1970s) brass shop weights quarter ounce, to 7lb and the balance scales they went with

I suppose the brass is worth a lot more as scrap these days.

4 Likes