Achieved so far today

Meet Bruce - a slightly surprisingly sudden to the family. Total sweetie who Molly pug is thrilled to welcome into the household tho old dear Betty is reserving judgement.

7 Likes

Goodness! What a poppet. I take it he will grow into his ears?

6 Likes

A sudden puppy

… &/or

A surprising puppy.

Bravo. Welcome Bruce

7 Likes

Daughter has wanted a Frenchie for years and we discovered a breeder with a cancellation and puppy available immediately. They never grow into their ears, they’ll always look slightly ridiculous. As I’m available for house-training timing was good. It’s going to be fun(ish) !!!

7 Likes

Mine. Ooh squeee, ooh squiffle… Am pining for a 14-wk French Bulldog who is probably still pining for my handbag. Lovely wee sausage of fatness wtih a Face and Big Ears and a Ridiculous Hinder End and a completely sunny silly puppy personality. Waaah.

Mine.

Mrs B Cat says ‘Hers’ too, but I don’t think benignly.

7 Likes

My dog would love Bruce. One of her friends we often meet whilst I’m walking her and his owner is walking him. Is a Frenchie (less than a year old).

5 Likes

Oh dear. I’m remembering how bloody knackering it is watching a puppy like a hawk and scooping it up to go outside and perform there. He made an impressive effort to poo outside by using the windowsill, so I think progress is being made!

5 Likes

But just think of the quick responses and state of alertness you’ll have by the time Bruce is house-trained. :grinning:

5 Likes

That would be nice, but I suspect this is more like it

5 Likes

Perfect… And that’s just after week #1 :laughing:

2 Likes

Have - and not before time, I can tell you - stripped bed, turned mattress* and remade bed and found and vacuumed the otter.

*sustaining no damage that a spot of voltarol won’t see right, but thank you for asking…

4 Likes

The otter?

2 Likes

Indeed. The otter. Doesn’t everyone have an otter somewhere about the house? < grin >

3 Likes

In a word, no.

2 Likes

Shocking that such deprivation exists…

This is the otter in question, about to be hoofed out of Mrs B. Cat’s cat-tree…

6 Likes

Wanna otter!

3 Likes

Saw two hedgepigs while driving home. Not much of an achievement, but mine own.

5 Likes

House update.

The final 5 internal doors are now fitted. A little topping & tailing tomorrow & that’s the projects completed* … until Phase 2.

It’s good to have a completely OCD craftsperson. He fits the doors so meticulously. Cleans & tidies after himself. Arrives on the dot of when he says he will … & I know this as I’ve seen that he’s actually a few minutes early each day and sits in his van.

He doesn’t stop for tea/coffee/water/gin or anything. Just arrives, knuckles down, sits in his van for 30m at 1pm precisely (& I MEAN ‘precisely’) despite me saying he can stay in the house.

I almost wish I had more doors needed doing.

*Mrs A. surprisingly mentioned the kitchen could do with painting, even though the kitchen IS Phase 2.

5 Likes

Mrs B. Cat says ‘No more knitting today, puny human!’

8 Likes

Gus… Mrs B. Cat is quite beautiful …but there is a clear message in those eyes … you are not getting that knitting needle back anytime soon !! at least not until she’s bored with it :grinning::grinning::grinning:

5 Likes