Alice's Baybee Sweepstakes

Would cover anything fathered by the SLT, really.

6 Likes

Knocked up on 16th September, 2016, miscarried on 12th February, 2017.

6 Likes

Thanks. I make that 23 weeks of pregnancy, the foetus being 21 weeks. A bit more advanced than I thought, late second trimester. Poor old Kirsty, and to then have everyone telling her she was grieving all wrong.

6 Likes

Just over half-way.

5 Likes

‘Half-baked’ seems appropriate, somehow.

6 Likes

Snork! You are a Very Bad Gus!

6 Likes

But that’s why we love Gus

My nephew was born at 24 weeks - he survived his twin died

7 Likes

Darn tootin’, Twellsy.

Did the surviving nephew have any disabilities? 24 weeks is pretty early!

6 Likes

He is blind and has some problems from being on oxygen for a year

However he is alive and I am so proud of his achievments - he has roughly the same amount of sight I do and plays walking football!

7 Likes

Well done, that nephew!

6 Likes

As a friend of mine likes to put it, “I ate my brother before I was born”…

5 Likes

One shouldn’t laugh. But I did anyway.

5 Likes

There’s one thing I still don’t understand (Inspector).
Alice didn’t want a baby and does not want to be pregnant. The amount she was drinking is a good get out of jail free card. So why has she been downplaying it? A bit of embarrassment now and a precautionary termination vs a brat she doesn’t want and which might very well be defective. Her chances of losing Chris are probably about equal in either scenario.

5 Likes

Because Plot, Gus, because Plot.

5 Likes

“It was that Emmur, she was forcing a bottle a day down me gob for weeks on end…”

5 Likes

Yebbut… what are they trying to achieve?

• A healthy baby will be seen as an irresponsible message by the’ No Drinking With Ovaries, Vessel!’ lobby.
  • They couldn’t handle the Down’s Syndrome SL
  • A punitive miscarriage would be v boring, but might satisfy the public health message; it is, however, not a usual outcome, despite what they like to suggest (like ‘smoking can kill your unborn baby’ - promises, promises…)

TFMR and marriage smash is about the only way they can sensibly go, imo.

Oh, and a lot of FAS characteristics cannot be reliably diagnosed in utero. Spina bifida, which would fit with Chris’s hare lip and also with Alice not eating properly because too busy on the sauce, is their best bet.

5 Likes

Or a riding accident and miscarriage; that horse wasn’t introduced into yesterday’s episode for fun, y’know. Alice hasn’t been mentioned as going anywhere near a horse for many, many months before that.

5 Likes

So ducking the issue completely and yet another mishap for the Aldridge clan.

5 Likes

Yup.

Also spiking Emma’s guns.

5 Likes

BORING, very.

5 Likes