Alice's Baybee Sweepstakes

I assumed it was a sop to Equine Equity.

5 Likes

In these delicate times, I’d just like to remind you that putting your finger on the scales is Not Allowed. We know who sent that gift-wrapped crate of vodka to Salford, and we have our beady eye on you.

5 Likes

I’m wondering now whether Alice will be advised by the doctor she’s seeing tomorrow (or at the hospital - did Chris call an ambulance in the end?) to get a late abortion. It would seem sensible to me, but what do I know?

4 Likes

It wouldn’t even count as late. And she needs to be reminded that Chris’s permission is not needed.

‘Just think of our baby’
[a healthy baby] ‘that’s all that matters’.

That’s right, Alice: you are merely a vessel - but you can choose whether you contain Horrobin spawn or a nice V&T…

3 Likes

She is merely a nasty little horror…

And yes, frankly, the baby matters more than Alice does: it is not being self-destructive, and she is. We know that it is not the cause of her drinking to excess, because she was doing that well before she became pregnant.

3 Likes

Legally it does not; morally it is arguable. Anyway, it’s already a write-off. Making sure the damn’ thing never draws breath to be a trouble to itself and others would be merciful all round. And not through the cop-out of miscarriage, but after sober considered evaluation of the risks.

6 Likes

It matters more than her because it is the innocent party in all this, and she is not.

4 Likes

It has no independent existence. Nor should it be accorded rights. We know where that leads.

5 Likes

Not relevant; it is not drinking itself to death by its own choice. I know who I find more culpable: one who does wrong, or or one who does not. And I know who I find more worthy of consideration.

5 Likes

And in that light, what do you think would be best for the foetus now?

5 Likes

Can I humbly ask that spoilers be kept to the dedicated thread? The official ones just get my hopes up making the inevitable cephalopod even soggier.

5 Likes

Great name for a bar…

6 Likes

Oh bums! Sorry Joe, it’s an old thread and I hadn’t taken in that it wasn’t in spoilers.

I don’t think I can delete it now, perhaps someone who can, would?

5 Likes

Oh, death; that would be the best thing for it. But the person killing it is not itself; it is Alice. I can’t think why I should prefer her, in the circs.

5 Likes

Ah, I discovered how, and did. Sorry again.

6 Likes

Or indeed any others.

5 Likes

Must admit I was disappointed they didn’t go the whole hog and have Chris find that there actually was an Eraserhead-type product in the bath.
But I suspect I am not reacting to the storyline in an approved manner at all. For a start, I just don’t believe Alice has been hammering it hard enough for long enough to get into quite so spectacular a state.
Chris is a moron and her first act after she recovers from the ToP should be to file for divorce. Utterly stupid, irresponsible and controlling behaviour on his part. But calling the midwife, or indeed 999, wouldn’t have made for such an entertaining episode, true…

6 Likes

Bring back Chaz, the Loan Goldfish (©sunny-aka-sonny)

5 Likes

I like the name, but bring him back for what purpose? (Missed him in one of my non-listening periods happy days, oh happy, happy daze.)
I have had a horrible thought. TBTB hate me and love to thwart me (wonder why). So here I am, knocking it back in sisterly solidarity, and in a slightly less supportive fashion looking forward to the mixed-weight free fight between Emmur and Alish… And then it struck me that Ed&Em are being Rehabilitated as Good but Struggling Citizens. They wouldn’t make Emma Rally Round, would they? No. Surely not.
But I might have to feed meself a spot of the Aldi Napoleon just in case. 94% effective in warding off unpleasant visions in the over 50s. That’s your first made-up statistic for 19/11/2020. It is unlikely to be the last.

6 Likes

Agree, agree and agree.

6 Likes