Alice's Baybee Sweepstakes

Since I am well known to be a Hard Cruel and Heartless sparrer, I fink this is my job.

(dons green eyeshade)

Alice’s Baybee will:

• Die in the first trimester (by 8 October)
  • Die in the second trimester (by 21 January)
  • Die in the third trimester (by 15 April)
  • Die later than that
  • Survive at least a month after birth but be acknowledged as damaged in some way
  • Be absolutely perfick look at his ickle toesies I’ll never drink again.

0 voters

(Trimester definitions are not universal so I’ve put the dates in too.)

4 Likes

I really think we are going to have to suffer the little Carter to come onto us

5 Likes

About the only sort of “problems about babies” line The Archers has not done is late miscarriage/stillbirth.

I mention this as possibly having some relevance to our bets.

7 Likes

That is a very good point, though I voted before I read your comment. Late miscarriage just seemed to most likely outcome to me - maximum drama without lumbering the SWs with a severely affected child to deal with in the future.

6 Likes

My bet stands

Xander needs a playmate

And Kirsty could join in

The way Fallon is going on she definitely will catch the pregnancy bug

Then there’s Kate - she will want her meal ticket/Jakob to be tied to her so a brat seems to be in order

Pipsquawk and Hellqueen are unlikely but Lily is a possibility if only for a starting block for Russ to run away leaving her in the lurch

Like mother like daughter…

4 Likes

Not going to happen. Her eggs are already addled She is in early menopause. Thank Providence.

5 Likes

I live in dread Gus - the perimenopause gives women a very fertile time

I am sure a mini Jakob will appear

5 Likes

Have voted for third trimester demise, hoping for a late termination following the anomaly scan’s revelation of severe spina bifida
No one really believes that the anomaly was not caused by drink but they tell Alice not to blame herself anyway ;- )

4 Likes

And she ought not to have eaten that potato that had had a green bit cut off it…

4 Likes

Eating Lorises Is Wrong.

4 Likes

At one point someone found a link between babies with spina bifida and the mother having eaten potatoes with a green bit on one side. So green veg are good, but not if the veg is a potato.

5 Likes

Unless you are an oran-utang, I suppose.

4 Likes

I suppose the’green bit cut out of it’ should have alerted me to the possibility of ‘potto’ being ‘potato’. It didn’t.
Which of us that says most about I leave as an exercise for the reader.

4 Likes

But I’m not.
Hardly anyone is these days, sadly.

4 Likes

Always written as Pots on our Fambly shopping lists

Carinthia.xx

5 Likes

Yes, ‘pots’. Not, you will notice, ‘potto’.
Potto on a shopping list would perplex me somewhat.

I’d probably try Waitrose.

5 Likes

Round here you would get at least 5 types of spud with potto on your list

5 Likes

Kirsty’s miscarriage was a late one, wasn’t it?

5 Likes

Ish. Not 3rd trimester, I don’t think.

5 Likes

That’s right, but anything beyond the second trimester would be roughly 26 weeks or more and people would be more likely to call that a premature birth than a late miscarriage. I think Kirsty was, um, about 18 weeks or so into her pregnancy? Perhaps 20, can’t remember. Enough to be baby-like without being viable.

5 Likes