Daily Mail Weekend Magazine Archers Update March 19-24

The livestock of Ambridge has a tough time of it this week.
Up at Brookfield the infection - brought in by person or persons unknown - rages through the dairy herd; there’s a stillbirth up at Bridge Farm as well as trouble up at the hunt kennels.
Lilian isn’t feeling too perky either, her new arrangement with Justin is putting her off her fodder and things get so bad that Brian - yes Brian - has to step in and offer the star-crossed lovers a spot of counselling.
Another would be borrower makes a call on the Peggy Bank. Eddie continues in his quest to fill the Grundy coffers and Shula plans to make a raid on the diminished Hebden-Lloyd funds.

So who’s on the cadge from Peggy ??

3 Likes

Good question! Surely not Tom again! Could it be Helen and her legal debts? She has her own in addition to Pat and Tony’s massive £30,000 debt. If so, she’s bound to cough up. < groan >

3 Likes

Like an ailing bovine, one hopes.
Can’t say the summary fills me with joy… but maybe they’re keeping the Pip Fecks Up dimension quiet so it comes as a ginormous surprise to her devoted fanbase. Maybe.

3 Likes

Ah, that’s the real answer to the demise of Archers Addicts: segmented fan clubs!

Then we could book the Helen Fanciers in for the big knees-up at the same time as the Rob Fanciers in the next hotel…

4 Likes

Unless someone tries to tap Peggy for a loan tomorrow, looks as though this bit was wrong. It seems not very likely after Pip asked Jill for a loan that someone is also going to ask Peggy. Though how Helen is going to pay Anna, I have no idea!

3 Likes

[quote=“JustJanie, post:6, topic:114, full:true”]Though how Helen is going to pay Anna, I have no idea![/quote]Mankwold futures?

2 Likes

Or Borchester Blue in multiple kilos perhaps

3 Likes

Ah, good evening, LadySusan! You may not know, but ‘Mankwold’ is a nickname for Borchester Blue. It comes from the old BBC messageboard. So you and Hedgers are talking about the same thing. :- )

1 Like

Maybe it’s Mankwold before she turns it and Bonchester Blue after.

These skills are hard to master.

Tomorrow she’s on an advanced “noticing a jar of something is running low” NVQ course.

1 Like

I still think My Little Shop should have been called Petit Trianon.

1 Like

Oh…I’m sorry, I didn’t realise that, being a recent convert to TA :slightly_frowning_face: Sorry Hedgers, still great minds …

2 Likes

‘Mankwold’ is a brilliant name, isn’t it? Aren’t you glad you know it now? :slight_smile: It was created by a very nice poster called Dusty Substances.

3 Likes

Yes it is a rather descriptive name isn’t it… I shall have to do some homework on other nicknames before I get my TA Badge :grinning:

1 Like

That Fish has compiled a handy list:

https://ambridgereporter.org.uk/nicknames.html

3 Likes

There will be a quiz!

And making up your own is permitted, milady - nay, encouraged.

2 Likes

Thank you HedgeSparrow, much appreciated, I will keep this handy as a reference document :grinning:

2 Likes

Well Gus, I was wondering if the Farm Shop was going to re-stock Sanctimonious Gold soon as I haven’t heard a mention of it recently, is there a season for it ?

3 Likes

Ooh, I rather like that, LadySusan! ‘Sanctimonious’ is exactly apt for Helen’s dulcet tones when she is congratulating herself for inflicting a favour on someone.

2 Likes