Grounds for divorce?

OK, I’ll get round to it when I have finished Elizabeth.

Can it be done so that it is possible to read it by day or by person?

1 Like

Elizabeth Eh? Oooo!

Of course you realise that the website will become “The Source” whenever BBC Brum is looking for TA information. You could sneak all manner of anarchist info in there.:smiling_imp:

2 Likes

It would be the perfect excuse for JD to visit Susan’s shop and buy her brother a card… Oh no. They’ve done that, haven’t they.

2 Likes

I know you know what I’m going to say … spreadsheet! First Name, Last Name, DOB, and … why not … Residence. Oh, and a column with a formula for calculating the current age of the character based on today’s date. You could then, say, sort it by residence or last name to see who had a birthday who was living in the same place. If Roy and Kirsty had similar birthdays, or Jazzer and Jim.

3 Likes

Only if you will do it for me, JJ. I am useless at spreadsheets. But if it were on the site and I were able to fill in information as I got it, and it could be sorted every which way from go by the user so it was sorted character by age, or character by surname, or birthday by date, or birthday by year/age of character…

I might even stop being politely rude about Elizabeth in order to do it.

3 Likes

Happy to do it, Fanta! Just figuring out how to do the age calculation that is to say, take today’s date and subtract the DOB then turn it into years.

3 Likes

That sounds terrific: how about I give you some names to be going on with?

David Thomas
Archer
Brookfield

Freddie
Danby
Bristol
deceased

Bill
Insley
Willow Farm
deceased 23.09.1986

Robin
Stokes
Surrey

Jethro
Larkin
Woodbine Cottage
deceased 17.06.1987

Kate
Madikane
Home Farm

2 Likes

Right, I’ll make a start. Hadn’t thought of date of death! I could name the field ‘current age or age at date of death’, a bit long, but I’ll see what it looks like.

I’ll keep you posted!

4 Likes

If you let me know once the spreadsheet is finished, I’ll turn it into a sorty thing on the Reporter site.

4 Likes

I love it when other people do the work for me!

3 Likes

Sure. Or you could just link to the document itself as with this example, the It’s Not Your Fault! spreadsheet. This link allows the spreadsheet to be viewed by anyone (but not edited).

1 Like

“Age at date of death” is the same as “age”; it’s just never going to get any more.

3 Likes

snork! We should probably make it clear the person is dead, anyhow! Who’s the most recent death, by the way? Bob Pullen?

2 Likes

Offhand, yes, Bob Pullen. 13.07.1915, but I can’t remember his deathday; pause while I rummage.

Either Wednesday 26th December, 2012 or Christmas Day 2012; I can’t remember what Jill actually said when she announced on Boxing Day that he had died. I could go and listen again…

Research (ie I did) shows that the hospital rang Jill while the pub was open after she’d done a morning shift at the shop, to tell her Mr Pullen had died, so she didn’t need to visit him that afternoon; sounds like 26.12.2012 to me.

1 Like

Another spreadsheet? It’d be a bit much to call on Janie again, so maybe a joint effort? The way the first one was set up it was editable by anyone with the correct permissions, so perhaps a “working group” with each member responsible for a couple of months, or however we decide to split it?

1 Like

My thought is that if That Fish puts the dates into the Great Big Files of Stuff, they can be pulled out automatically by the thing that Feral is going to write honest guv.

4 Likes

But I thought she enjoys spreadsheeting. Or is that ‘enjoys’ in the same way foxes are said to enjoy being hunted?

3 Likes

She leapt to volunteer, dashitall!

3 Likes

Here’s the link to it for viewing only: Archers characters’ vital statistics

Joe, what you say could work but actually, how long is this list going to be? I am sure I can manage. Anyhow, I will not hesitate to yell if I need help, so thanks very much.

Gus, you are right. I’m having great fun reminding myself how to do nested formulae!

2 Likes

I think we need to have a “left the series” year as well as death-day; otherwise people who went away without dying will get silly-old in short order. Freddie Danby is a case in point; he is surely dead by now…

How do we see it in different orders?

1 Like