Grounds for divorce?

Click on the header of the column you want to sort by (e.g. A for first name, E for age, etc) then go to Data (in menu bar) and choose sort order.

I was assuming you’d have Freddie Danby’s date of death and I’d put it in later, don’t you? Otherwise, I’d just leave that field blank. I have put in a ‘Left the series’ column. Do you know when he left?

To sort, click on the column you want to sort so that the whole column is highlighted - click on the B for last name for instance, then go to data, and ‘sort sheet by column B A-Z’ (or Z-A) and it will sort alphabetically. You can do the same for the dates and ages. Would you like me to PM you the editing link?

3 Likes

Maybe we could have a Staff thread about it; that way we can all edit but it won’t be open to sabotage?

3 Likes

Yes, that would work. You’d have to promise not to touch column E, though, it has formulae in it! Nested formulae, I’ll have yer know.

4 Likes

And there are penalties for disturbing them at this time of year.

4 Likes

Darn tootin’, Gus! I’m sorry we seem to have moved way off the original topic. I’ll start a new thread in Staff and we can let people know when we have a spreadsheet ready for viewing.

So … will Justin get his divorce? Will Lilian still want him if and when he does? Stay tuned, they are all meeting at The Bull tonight. Bet something happens!

3 Likes

Mandy Beesborough turns out to be besties with Miranda, and to have been told that Justin hadn’t waited for formalities like not being divorced from Miranda before becoming engaged to Lilian, which she has passed on to Miranda, and Miranda just might not be happy about that. Since they said there was nothing she could do about it, my bet is that there is and she will.

2 Likes

Do we know how long they have been married? The longer it is, the more complicated, I should imagine. Miranda doesn’t sound like a recently-acquired trophy wife who meekly signed pre-nup, so there will be huge financial shenanigans as he’ll have a complicated portfolio and we don’t know the extent of her wealth. She could drag it out for years, I should imagine, just by letting her solicitors drag their feet which I understand isn’t all that difficult.

4 Likes

I do hope so. If she does so for long enough for Lilian to get bored with him (shouldn’t take long) then we may be able to be rid of the boring old fart.

2 Likes

I’m fairly sure a) that we don’t and b) that it is quite a number of years. Very much got the impression that her three-day-eventing days were during her marriage to Justin - and from the sound of it, she gave that up some time ago.
And the leading reasonably separate lives, and being sure enough of oneself to be disagreeable to all and sundry argue a marriage of ten years’ standing or more to me.

We don’t even know if she is Wife No. 1, 2 or >2. My money’s on 2.

2 Likes

Then of course there is Justin’s mental state to consider.

It can’t be very good if he’s giving up a trophy wife, for some ancient village tart. :sunglasses:

1 Like

‘Ere! Are you incinerating somethin’ by suggestin’ there are saboteurs out here? :spy:

2 Likes

I am being realistic. There are people who like breaking things; let’s not give them a chance.

3 Likes

Though to be fair, Mandy Beesborough is very popular with some of the older Ambridge residents.

She regularly gives interesting silences to the Over 60’s club.

2 Likes

Born in 1953, so she’s old enough to be a member of the Over 60s. But would Miranda have joined, even if she had known that it existed?

2 Likes

Oh. Mandy and Miranda don’t need to have met there. Mandy isn’t a member.
They could have been, or had, mutual school friends. :two_women_holding_hands:

2 Likes