Has anyone got…

…a shotgun?

2 Likes

Um… To use on whom?

Everyone in that opening scene.

Incidentally, what was the point of a dawn chorus walk when all the birds were in full voice before they set out?

2 Likes

4 Likes

ISTR Lance-Corporal Jones came up with a similar punt-gun idea, from an upturned bath, in an episode of “Dad’s Army” :relaxed:

2 Likes

That’s a damn fine question, Joe. They set out at five, and dawn today was at 5:21 in London.

2 Likes

Henwy, surely. The poor little bugger’s growing down not up. Time to put him out of his misery.

4 Likes

Can’t see any good reason for having had the retarded little sod in the episode at all. A spark-out rapelet in its pushchair/ travel system, maybe. Although for practicality it should have been in one of those marsupial arrangements or hiking child carrier doofer, of course

4 Likes

Retarded doesn’t cover it. As Aisling says, he’s actually sounding younger now than when he previously spoke - if I didn’t know otherwise I’d have guessed at a rather late-developing two-year-old, not a kid coming to the end of his second year at school.

5 Likes

What doom do you think the notion that Helen “is now a free woman” portends?

6 Likes

No, no, Helen’s always been a very expensive woman.

5 Likes

What doom do you think the notion that Helen “is now a free woman” portends?

That no Ambridge male (preferably, though not necessarily, with a pulse) is safe. I reckon she’ll make a move on Toerag.

7 Likes

“Hey, you’ve already shown you make bad choices in partners. Want to try again?”

4 Likes

That’s true of both of them. As much as Toe-rag is a toe-rag, I’d feel sorry for him. He is no match for Helen when it comes to using people. He’s a mere amateur to her more professional skills. Still, he’s young as yet … he’ll learn.

4 Likes

I presume there must be some sort of mooring, if one doesn’t want to feature in a fairly spectacular demonstration of Newton’s third law?

7 Likes

Oh, don’t go taking the fun out of Grundy Goose Poaching Scheme 2017.

6 Likes

My personal dawn chorus kicked off around 4.30, which drowned out the R4 Dawn Chorus programme. I’ve never gone out pre dawn to listen to the birdies, but I tend to stand still when I want to listen to them at any other time.

6 Likes

Fear not, it was a general question. Should any Ambridge resident wish to try, I would definitely keep the knowledge to myself :wink:

4 Likes

I love the sound of shot-guns in the morning.
http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/character/character0110.gif

3 Likes

I suggest you try living here…

4 Likes