Has anyone got…

Dear me.

Difficult to have a peaceful lie-in in those parts, is it?

5 Likes

Particularly if you have feathers.

5 Likes

I dare say there’ll be some outdoors banging this time of year. I’ve heard of old school PPs poking round the hedges and out buildings with a stick.

1 Like

Wassup Doc?

1 Like

Sightings of Rob?

1 Like

[quote=“Aisling, post:7, topic:329, full:true”]
Henwy … The poor little bugger’s growing down not up. Time to put him out of his misery[/quote]I honestly thought the past 6 weeks or so of abstinence were due to them shunting off the current ‘actor’ (for which read “undefined relative of some actor/production wallah”) and then, after due time replace him with a fully mature 6 year old with pretentions of being the mental age of about 15.

It seems not.

Why, on God’s green Earth, are they persisting with him ?

Even … nay, ESPECIALLY, if it’s a bit of nepotism, by now you’d be doing the poor little retard the favour of pulling him from the spotlight.

5 Likes

Ah, well, obviously he’s been so traumatised by Stabnight that he’s regressed and will need Years of Therapy… everyone loved the Bethany storyline, right?

5 Likes

He must be a voice synthesiser - or they’re using library footage, all recorded when he was 3.

2 Likes

Or he is one of the hideous subset of children that think it is beguiling to talk in a ‘baby’ voice when around adults.

Tell you what, if they do decide to do a ‘Henry has developmental problems’ SL, I shall be exceedingly cross (actually, I think that’s my default state, so no change there) as it will be another horse changed in mid-stream. Quite early on in his school career, there was definitely a conversation between someone and Tom where it was stated he was a bright little chap and that his reading was coming on well.
Emotional problems, maybe, although I really don’t think Rob did him that much damage. Very much abuse-lite. Apart from the bunny in the bin - an isolated incident - and stab-night, his behaviour was not so very different from what would have been considered normal a few decades back. Possibly they thought the listeners wouldn’t like it if we’d heard him being Truly Horrible to Henry.

I for one would have loved it.

4 Likes

[quote=“Gus, post:29, topic:329”]
it was stated he was a bright little chap and that his reading was coming on well[/quote]Yeah, but that cat can only sit on the mat for sooooo long.

[quote=“Marjorie, post:28, topic:329”]
He must be a voice synthesiser - or they’re using library footage[/quote]I’d agree, but I’m sure we’ve been assured that’s not the case … & we all trust what we’re told … don’t we ??

4 Likes

The Child That Shall Not Be Named?

3 Likes

As you just said elsethread, it’s only fiction. Where does it end?

3 Likes

They’re commenting on Twitter that Henry has regressed. I think maybe they forgot just how bad he was. And it was on Twitter that Keri Davies said that Henry is a real child of the correct age. I have no reason to suppose that’s not true. The child could be be the correct age and still sound appallingly babyish on air. You’d think it might have occurred to them to use a competent child actor for such an important part, but clearly it didn’t.

Here’s something odd: Henry, George and Keira’s actors are not named, whereas Jake and Mia, who scarcely talk, are.
Mia Jake

3 Likes

Perhaps they are going by the trauma apparently caused to Dominic Davies, who played Daniel-as-a-child and was called “fat”. Henry is such a wet and a weed that they don’t want to let on who it is.

3 Likes

The more fool his keepers for letting him loose on the internet at such a tender age, then. Not that I actually believe any real Davies sprog was harmed in the making of those comments. I reckon it was purely parental indignation.

4 Likes

Some people also thought Dominic had an American accent and said so.

3 Likes

[quote=“Fanta, post:34, topic:329”]
Perhaps they are going by the trauma apparently caused to Dominic Davies, who played Daniel-as-a-child and was called “fat”.
[/quote] … & was Keri’s son iirc.

I bet THAT hurt.

3 Likes

It was indeed, and Mr Keri frothed at the mouth about people being rude about the child.

3 Likes

Returning to the opening bit of the thread. I did love Brain’s line moaning about being woken by bloody noisy birds.

Regressing (like Henwee) I also noticed that he didn’t utter the vomit inducing “Awwwwight” even when he had opportunity to do so. I assumed it was a new (developmentally impaired) actor at that point.

4 Likes

To be fair, as a radio character, being called ‘fat’ is a bit out of order. Unless it was coming from within !

But ‘sounds American’ is a valid attack, assuming it was so.

… & if you put your 6yr old out there and people comment more fool you for hanging him out to be shot at. Plus the 6 yr. old won’t know, unless he’s told. So don’t tell him.

5 Likes