"He saw something illegal…

…and had to do his job"

Hypocrites ‘R’ Us

3 Likes

Well, yes. Especially “ironic” since it was the last day Freddie was planning to sell Es, since he had no more in stock and wasn’t planning on buying any more either.

3 Likes

Just as an aside someone, and I don’t much care who so long as they give it some welly, needs to smack Fallon plumb in the kisser.

3 Likes

I thought Lily said to Fallon pretty-much what I have been wanting to say to her, loath though I am to think Lily may have got something right.

3 Likes

Yeah. Irritating, innit.

Lily is, however, a thoroughly nasty piece of work, as borne out by her comments tonight 're the wife. I do hope it all goes horribly wrong for her. :pray:

3 Likes

That was what he said. I suspect the lure of easy holiday money would have been too much for him.

4 Likes

Since he was planning to be on the holiday, it would have been a bit late to be getting money together for it.

3 Likes

From the drug selling and Russ quitting his job storylines, I am confused as to the finances; are the twins paying their own way or being subsidised by Elizabeth?

4 Likes

I think Phoebe asked whether Lily would be able to get more from her mother, so subsidised by Elizabeth.

Freddie has earned money picking for Adam two summers running because Elizabeth chose not to give him an allowance as she did Lily, I think, and since he isn’t going to university I don’t suppose he is being subsidised beyond being allowed to have his own roof over his head, and fed.

3 Likes

Elizabeth was going to pay for Freddie to swim with sharks, though, as Lily was getting money for some other reason

4 Likes

I approve of this notion and I think there are many people in Ambridge who should have such a once-in-a-lifetime experience.

6 Likes

Lily is getting £60,000+ university, I expect, while Freddie gets his £600 experience of a lifetime.

4 Likes

Lily also presumably gets the car*.

Then again, I suppose Freddie probably won’t be needing it for a while.

*In fact, rather than merely by custom

5 Likes

Although Russ has a car, so maybe Lily can sell their car to pay for her bus pass…

5 Likes

“maybe Lily can sell their car to pay for the divorce”

Fixed that for you.

5 Likes

Divorce? They’re not even married yet…

The (second) divorce will come as soon as Russ realises that, despite Lily coming from a stately home littered with pricel worthless artworks, there are no liquid assets and her eventual inheritance is (unlike her) decidedly modest.

3 Likes

This is a mistake made by a lot of people: they live in a big house (they even own a big house) so they must be rich ain’t necessarily so. They may even be relatively poor because the place needs so much upkeep.

4 Likes

Oh no, is he going to do a runner with her painting?!

6 Likes

I was thinking that too Kara or he may persuade her to sell it if it’s worth a few bob

7 Likes

How far will that go, though, LadySusan? Russ likes nice things, remember. I get the feeling Lily likes nice things, too. I think both Lily and Russ are assuming Elizabeth will fund them indefinitely, though Lily might be less confident of that now that she’s flounced off … again.

I wonder if she took the lemon zester or not.

P.S. I am amazed Russ didn’t insist on a banneton just so he could say the word. But maybe they are not expensive enough.

5 Likes