Hi

Hi I’m alex 46 from sw london I’m a massive archers fan

6 Likes

Hi, and welcome
One does have to ask, given the current state of the programme, why?
“My name is Alex and I am a masochist”…

4 Likes

Gus. Behave.

Hello, Alex. Any particular reason for the fanitude, or just in general?

4 Likes

Welcome, alex, stick around!

Which character do you hate the most? (I’m assuming you must hate at least one of them but I could be wrong.)

3 Likes

Hello & welcome, Alex

Janie, I have a List & the characters move up & down it with a degree of monotony

Sigh

As ever, it’s the unrealistic plots & character changes which annoy me the most

Carinthia.xx

4 Likes

True, Carinthia, about the unrealistic plots and character changes but I am thankful to say that some characters remain loathsome in a surprisingly reliable way. I’m striving personfully not to turn this thread into a character hate-fest as it’s alex’s first visit and I don’t want to scare him.

But it isn’t easy!

3 Likes

Alex, hi.

As you’ll gather there’s a love/hate thing going on here … as, tbf, it should be,

Welcome.

5 Likes

I think a lot of us here like it when it’s good and wish it could be good all the time.

Not me, of course. I never listen to it. I just hang around for the birdseed and gin.

4 Likes

Welcome!

Have you been shown the secret door to the Cellar, yet?

2 Likes

Alex, come back!
I am, as instructed, behaving. Well, to the best of my limited abilities. Your board name: does it mean you are a nut in Crystal Palace - in which case I am not far down the road from you - or about Crystal Palace (football or otherwise) ?

3 Likes

I’ve been listening to the Archers and silently stalking this site since late 2016 - you’ve prompted me to join too! Hello all!

6 Likes

Hello Kara! You are welcome to the site. We’re a friendly bunch on the whole, though Gus occasionally bites and I can get upset about facts, or at least, about not-facts masquerading as facts.

Have you had a look in the Cellar? It’s very long, but some of it at a time is quite fun.

3 Likes

Hello Kara

Nice to ‘see’ you

Carinthia.xx

3 Likes

Wotcher, Kara, and welcome [Gnash, gnash]
There - wasn’t so bad, wotever that Fish says.

Tell us, if you had a sizable cauldron of boiling oil to hand, which character would you deep-fry first?

3 Likes

I’ve been known to occasionally peek at the cellar, but been hugely intimidated and run away!!!

5 Likes

If I had to off someone? Will. They picked the wrong half of that couple to purge in my humble opinion.

5 Likes

Don’t be intimidated, Kara

Most of us are house-trained, & you can just dip in & out as you please

Carinthia.xx

4 Likes

Can’t agree with you there. NIc was a mimsy, frilly-knickered, simpering, conniving wee besom and our loss is soil condition’s gain.

4 Likes

By the way, Kara, initially the Discourse platform sets some limit on the number of posts you can make/threads you can start daily. As you garner ‘likes’, the platform accords you more privileges. So stick around

3 Likes

I am more than a little concerned about them leaving a man with young children and a dead wife for the new editor Jeremy Howe, due to take up his post later this year, to pick up and run with.

Jeremy Howe’s wife was murdered and he was left with two young children to bring up on his own.

I call it tactless of the editorial team to do this to him.

4 Likes