In case anyone's suffering withdrawal symptoms…

I rather enjoyed this, from Christina Longden on the late Andromeda’s FB page:

3 Likes

Not a member of Facebook, so I can’t access that.

4 Likes

Buggrit - I thought the link might work.

I’ll ask if she’d consider posting it here (or allowing me to do so)

4 Likes

Tell her I insist !

5 Likes

I am a member of FaceAche, & still can’t access it…

Whimper…

Carinthia.xx

4 Likes

It looks like you have to be a member of that particular group. I’ve PM’d Christina about posting it here.

6 Likes

And she has kindly consented. Better still, she may be joining us! In the meantime, here’s Chris’s contribution:

Or actually, here it isn’t, because despite the fact that I was able to include it in a message, I get an error message if I try to attach it on the board:

Sorry, the file you are trying to upload is not authorized (authorized extensions: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, mp3).

I would have thought a pdf would be OK, but apparently not. Will have a rethink…

5 Likes

You could ask Feral Techie…

5 Likes

Grr. Snarl. [clickity]

5 Likes

And, with a big thank you to Feral, here it is. Enjoy!

The Archers into Covid 19 C L Longden PDF.pdf (182.9 KB)

7 Likes

Thanks, joe! And thank-you, Christina Longden.

6 Likes

Thanks, @Joe Dere! Gawd! 19 pages!!! I guess they’re using toilet-paper for the scripts in these COVID-19 times! (…seems singularly appropriate some how!)

3 Likes

Thank you Joe

A great parody

7 Likes

…but convincing enough to be taken for a noriginal! Nice one @Joe Dere!

6 Likes

So that’s where it’s all gone

5 Likes

So sorry I couldn’t join the forum before now. It seems to hate yahoo emails. So I cunningly created another one.
Thanks for posting up the script Joe! And yes - the average Archers script IS 17-19 pages long. And yeah - probably written on recycled bog roll (though I promise you that mine was only written shiny-white from the 1970’s. Ow!)

The trick was getting the exposition in - in a way that was a fair bit dumbed down but not so much that I felt that I’d completely sold my artistic soul to Satan…
Good to be here and to find out about you all! :slight_smile: Christina

10 Likes

…welcome to the machine! You don’t have to be crazy to be in here, but it certainly helps! I was convinced that the 19-page was an original, it was beautifully put together, and it was only after I’d had a chance to reflect on it that just like the sun, it eventually dawned on me! Thanks again for an entertaining read, and I’m sure I’m not the only inmate looking forward to the next one! :smiley:

PS: …and don’t worry too much about selling your soul to Stan. Stan is an old mate, and always seems to get the bad rap, but is heart is in the right place! :wink:

4 Likes

I’ll have you know that I have found 4 packs of flatpack Izal.

I am going to use it to pay off my overdraft…

It’s lovely to see you here

Carinthia.xx

5 Likes

That was an excellent skit on TA, Christina. Welcome to the board!

6 Likes

I await to see how Pip is scripted in some future script. Actually adding the extended vowels and elongated “L’s” should be a joy to read.

… and exactly how Christina (“Hello” btw) plans the Bleeding Tart of Ambridge’s demise. If unsure of the detail just “soon” will do.

6 Likes