Just in case you were feeling sorry for Pip

The show tonight with the wildly fluctuating moods of Pip and the near manic right-on ya of Alice sounded like a St. Trinians reunion.

I’ll avoid the bad acting and the over active ‘T’ Miss Badger employs. Keep to the character … how much persuading did she need to agree that “it could have happened to anyone” and keeping her role quiet was perfectly sensible ?

(“None” is the answer you’re searching for).

Oh, it seems to be that she is “doing all the giving” in her ‘relationship’ with Toe-Bee. Well, at least £5,000 and free rent pet !!

5 Likes

What I found hard to credit was that she seems to have Told All to Alice. Whose daughter is Alice? And living where? I can’t help wondering how long “Of course we won’t say anything!” will last.

1 Like

Yes, whose daughter and whose sister? It’s Adam’s cattoo that got ill, after all. Apparently poorly cattoo don’t merit the cooing and gushing over that poorly ponies do.

1 Like

That was indeed a nasty double standard of Pip’s – but then, she was the one who took photos and laughed and joked about sending lambs away to be slaughtered.

1 Like

I was under the impression that she had just told Alice about falling out with Ruth, & not why

I thought that the programme was awful tonight - whingeing mardy Buggas

Carinthia.xx

3 Likes

Later on she begged them not to tell anyone about the cattoo, so we have to assume she had Told All.

“You won’t tell anyone, will you? About the cows? It’s a deadly secret.”
“Pip! We’re your friends! We won’t say a word.”

Whether she mentioned Toby’s or Ed’s part in the matter is not known.

1 Like

Toby has no part in the matter, Fanta. Unless you think that him advising her to do what she wanted him to advise her to do and what she was already doing was material. But I’m not at all sure that a sensible person would think that.

Ed, however, is going to find himself neck-deep in shit.

Good. Not only because he is a dolt, an oaf and a complete and utter ignorant filthy-booted biohazard in himself, but because any diminution of his prospects means more time out working at night for for the sour-faced fading Emma, Oh the horror when she realises that doing the chickens is more profitable than selling herself would be.

2 Likes

[quote=“Gus, post:7, topic:301”]
Ed, … (is) … a dolt, an oaf and a complete and utter ignorant filthy-booted biohazard … [/quote]Love it.

You’re not a fan then ?

2 Likes

Last night’s episode, must have been just about the worst cobbled together rubbish, since Briefs Encountered. Alice, Chris and Pip, are closer to age 30 than 13, yet the prattle was typical of very young teenagers. Somebody should remind the scriptwriters that they’re supposed to be adults, not 4th-form school-kids.
I assume this is scene-setting for a near future affair between Chris and Pip, so they can bust up the ‘going nowhere’ marriage of a rumoured blacksmith and his BAD (balloon arch designer) wife.

Sounded more like an old Grange Hill storyline, but in that, the writing would have been better.

3 Likes

Still not feeling sorry for her. Her stuttering self-abasement was a bit half-hearted and fell on very stony ground, tee hee. It’s unusual (unheard of, in fact) for me to side with Ruth but a ‘STFU, I have more important things to worry about than yer precious feelin’s. Pet. And I’m busy’ would have been in order.

Any softies wavering?

3 Likes

That was roughly what she did say, wasn’t it?

1 Like

Nope, not wavering. In fact, Ruth gave her far too much of a chance to blether on about her feelings and her row with Toby. Actually, Ruth must be really, really upset if the nosy besom didn’t want to hear about that. On all other occasions she would have been asking if things there was a bit of trouble in the bedroom department.

Just to add: If Pip really was as sorry as she says, she’d have told Bridge Farm and Home Farm that it was her fault and not let the Dopeys take the blame. And she’d be thinking of ways to pay them back. I was just thinking how useless Ruth is in that she’s not giving Pip a clue as to what she can do to make things better but Pip ought to be thinking of something herself. But Ruth is useless. She wants to stay in a sulk forever, that hardly helps, oh and didn’t you say, Gus, she’d rip Dopey’s head off for offering a blank cheque? David is equally useless because he thinks Pip has said sorry so that’s all right and the prize dolt wants to take the blame himself. Honestly, with parents like that it’s small wonder she is the way she is …

3 Likes

At rather greater length - she let Pip witter on.

4 Likes

Ruth pricked her ears up at the mention of Toby, didn’t she? I bet she was expecting Pip to say it was Toby’s fault and jump on her quite rightly for that. She doesn’t take the same view as David and Jill about him corrupting the immaculate Pip.

4 Likes

Toby’s what up her ears? The shuddering thought calls for an early but mebbee discreet YARDAAAAAAAAARM!!! pet.

1 Like

[quote=“JustJanie, post:14, topic:301”]
She doesn’t take the same view as David and Jill about him corrupting the immaculate Pip.[/quote]That’s because DayVeed clearly wants Peep for himself.

He’s playing the long game.

Have we ever had an incest story in TA ?

4 Likes

Implied rather than supplied, perhaps. 1) Queen Gertrude Titchener and Hamlet, Prince of Custard. 2) Queen of the Night the Greengrocer’s Daughter and Nigel the Bird Catcher. (Which makes Lizzy Papagena, wot larks, eh me ole spadger?)

2 Likes

Well. Tthere was Alan and Amy Franks, which was a tad sick making. But thankfully the BBC backed off from that.

3 Likes

Technically, Armers, yes we have. Will and Emma were still married when Ed tupped Emma after she had left Will, which is incest because E&E were brother and sister at the time, what with people becoming one flesh on marriage and all that.

3 Likes

Em-mur was Will-ed you could say. (If you must.) Mount Grundy, a most unhappy thought, as is poached Grundy for brekkers.

1 Like