Knittery and Stitchery and Stuff

Ee, a proper dishcloth needs knitting from string. Hairy string ;- )

I look forward to photies of dead glamorous versions and shall do Envy, in a big way.

5 Likes

I thought that canonically dishcloths were crocheted?

5 Likes

They can be, but knitting them is quite as usual.

5 Likes

One of our Missing Friends from Church knitted cotton dishcloths for many years to boost funds. They have all dropped to bits (M died six years ago, so I can’t sue her) and I am thrilled to have gorgeous, white, unraggedy dishcloths once again.
Soo xx

5 Likes

Late MiL used to knit dishcloths

They were fabulous, & lasted for ages

They were the undyed slightly ‘greige’ ones, as that was what the cotton looked like.

Overnight soaking inna bowl of cold water, with a drop of Domestos innit rendered them pristine white, & much more absorbent.

Carinthia.xx

6 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: So, who wants to help … to instaurate the cellar?

If it were not for the fact that I’ll probably be knitting this jacket until next autumn, at the current rate of progress, I could be ever so tempted by this:

5 Likes

The blue incarnation (enwoolation?) is quite attractive, but the other two photies give me the impression of moribund, if not technically dead as such, sheep.

5 Likes

That is when they are most dangerous.

5 Likes

Erm, right. Must admit, I think you could say the same of any flat piece of knitting in an undyed wool. Agree the blue version looks better, if only because it’s much better knitted.

I just think it looks fun to knit - easy, but not boring thanks to the changing pattern.

4 Likes

Maybe the blue one has been blocked and the others haven’t? That makes a lot of difference with a pattern like that.

4 Likes

I’m sure you’re right.

4 Likes

Indeed one could. And it probably is fun to knit. The pattern vendor doesn’t half maunder on, though, and I was less kindly disposed to the artefact as a result.

Nothing to stop you having two projects on the go, is there? ;- )

4 Likes

Oh I hadn’t bothered to read that!

But now I’ve looked at it, I’m confused by:

This pattern is available for $3.00 USD buy it now

A free version is also available.

Why would you pay $3 if you can have it free? And how do you obtain the free version. I’m buggered if I can work it out.

4 Likes

Me too.

4 Likes

Because the free version has less information?

Usually I’d expect that to be a separate upload but that doesn’t seem to be the case here. Ask 'em?

4 Likes

Not being rude, replying to myself, & so long after but the KMOA is really almost finished and the BBC seem interested in having it…

Carinthia.xx

6 Likes

Were I a nice person, I am sure the cockles of me 'eart would be warmed. As things stand, though…

Hang on, maybe they can drape it over bluddy Peep’s cage. Or stifle her and her spawn with it.

6 Likes

“But what we can’t understand, Inspector, is why she should have tried to eat four square yards of knitting.”

6 Likes

Luting and pillocking?

6 Likes