Carinthia.xx

5 Likes

That is a great tool

I want one

Any anti kitten device is a good idea with Bengals

6 Likes

https://www.amazon.co.uk/KNIT-PRO-Ball-Winder-Assortment-Product/dp/B00ZP95SYO/

3 Likes

Might I respectfully suggest you direct your gaze to the alleged background in that pic?

7 Likes

No sneaking a drink past you, joe, is there? Good man.

6 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: So, who wants to help … to cower in the cellar?

Calling all knitting brains

I have a gorgeous decoration on a very very old jumper
2 cats sitting side by side 1 black and 1 silver all in sequins

It is more tasteful than it sounds

However the jumper (40 years old) is a bit of a worn out acrylic disaster

So I thought I would knit a black jumper in plain aran weight cotton and put the cat on it

Ravelry shows this as a plain jumper

Any thoughts folk?

5 Likes

That is a lovely jumper and a clearly set-out pattern (as one expects from Drops). The pattern is written for a sport-weight woollen yarn. I am not at all sure that aran weight cotton would be an equivalent. See if there are alternate yarns used in the Projects tab for that pattern first of all. If not, look for a cotton-heavy yarn that is reasonably close in yardage/weight ratio to Lima.

4 Likes

And how is the fabric decorated?

5 Likes

Snell Snyff Joe

Gus

I have yet to buy the wool

What about this

5 Likes

I’d look again.- the Rico yardage is 30% more than the Lima yarn.

4 Likes

I like saddle shoulders- they always sit well . The jumper is too ‘chunky’ for me though

Carinthia.xx

5 Likes

And there was me complimenting the two of them for deigning to adorn the jumper…

5 Likes

For those who remember The Knitted Map of Ambridge, I have seen, elseboard that it has been located, & is in the process of being finished.

Carinthia.xx

4 Likes

Good for them!

4 Likes

And what do they propose to DO with it, exactly?

She asked bitterly, being enmired in a Project that is unpleasing.

4 Likes

Well, that’s going to be the next problem, isn’t it?

The 2 quilts which were made, were auctioned for charity, which was fine, but this is rather more ‘niche’.

There was an idea mooted about displaying it, but where, & in what?

As you know, I know absolutely nothing about knitting, but can certainly appreciate the hours of work, & skills involved, not least the people involved in putting work from so many different sources together.

Carinthia.xx

4 Likes

I’'m not decrying the skills, both craft and organisational, involved…
Maybe it’s worth them contacting TBTB for website coverage, which could lead to a decent charity auction. Although the current Ishoo is probably Save Pisssd!Alice, which might not be the most direct route to hearts & wallets.

4 Likes

I don’t think that that will be happening anytime soon!

Unlike the quilts, it is of no practical use, so I think that it will be framed & hung

Somewhere…

Carinthia.xx

4 Likes

Outreach work wiv Hungry Moths?

5 Likes