Knittery and Stitchery and Stuff

Sorry, I thought that you meant the BBQ itself, not the pergola. My misunderstanding.

The roof fabric, & curtains are available/replaceable, as it really isn’t an easy sew because of the size. Imagine sewing an 'Normous umbrella.

Curtains are easier as they are flat, but it is still a lot of fabric to get through the machine.
At the campsite, they remove the fabric at the end of the season,roll it when it is completely dry & store it rolled in the caravan. Canvas doesn’t do well being folded.

Carinthia.xx

3 Likes

That sounds like a Carinthial sort of solution, really.

3 Likes

The thing that makes stranded knitting interesting, I have decided, is that each row or round of it is a new pattern for my fingers to learn. Learning each new one (from a round of aababaabaa to one of aababaaaaa with a catch-over for b between the second and third a of the long strand, to on of aabababa, say) is a new small challenge. Otherwise I would go stark mad well before the end of the yoke…

The number of stitches in each round has gone up from 100, in increments of 50 as far as 400, and after this the only changes will be reducing not increasing, which may also keep me sane when I contemplate it.

4 Likes

Cross-threading (surely not inappropriate in the context of observations re stranded knitting), it surprises me that That Sparrer needs a comprehensive automated blasphemer…

3 Likes

It’s not keeping me sane reading it, Fishy!

Goes forran Little Lie Down…

Carinthia.xx

4 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: So, who wants to help … to instaurate the cellar?

I think you meant this for the Cellar?

5 Likes

Oh, right. Shall I knit them all sweaters if it gets chilly?

(I’ve moved my post about having the rellies over this afternoon which was intended for the Cellar, so this one no longer makes sense.)

5 Likes

How long will you have?

The International Speed Record for Deliberate Knitting on the Model is held by Fräulein Nähnadel of Prague, who circumknitted a 6-foot infantry sergeant in a field-green multiple belliclover, encompassed on 24 needles, in 56 mins. 23 secs. (Prosit!)

4 Likes

Anyone called ‘Miss Sewingneedle’ immediately arouses suspicion… :wink:

Carinthia.xx

4 Likes

It is noted in And Now All This, the sequel to 1066 And All That, and who am I to doubt the word of Sellar and Yeatman?

2 Likes

I bought a new hat today - a wide brimmed straw hat with a simple navy petershim ribbon band

5 Likes

I plan to add a few peacock fevvers in a sort of little circle to add a bit of glam

What does the group think?

4 Likes

Honestly? I think it would look smarter unadorned. But then I like a plainish summer hat.

4 Likes

I like bling on my bling

so not even a single feather then

sigh…

5 Likes

I would be careful about that, Twellsy.

I have sent you a Signal Message with a Photie of some wired ribbon I have.

Carinthia.xx

3 Likes

Hmm, rainbow metallic wire wound round the band? Something like this…

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Rainbow-Craft-Metre-0-4mm-Spool/dp/B01C90SR0S/

3 Likes

Shiny!

Why am I not surprised, Dunnock? :joy:

Carinthia.xx

3 Likes

That is perfect I just want a bit of jazzing up and a bow of that would just do the trick

My new phone cover needs no jazzingup - it’s black and silver with silver crystal shards on the outside

Worse than a mirrorball it is and I love it!

4 Likes

Maybe a dark rainbow-ribbon would be better as contrast against straw?

2 Likes