Knittery and Stitchery and Stuff

The blue incarnation (enwoolation?) is quite attractive, but the other two photies give me the impression of moribund, if not technically dead as such, sheep.

5 Likes

That is when they are most dangerous.

5 Likes

Erm, right. Must admit, I think you could say the same of any flat piece of knitting in an undyed wool. Agree the blue version looks better, if only because itā€™s much better knitted.

I just think it looks fun to knit - easy, but not boring thanks to the changing pattern.

4 Likes

Maybe the blue one has been blocked and the others havenā€™t? That makes a lot of difference with a pattern like that.

4 Likes

Iā€™m sure youā€™re right.

4 Likes

Indeed one could. And it probably is fun to knit. The pattern vendor doesnā€™t half maunder on, though, and I was less kindly disposed to the artefact as a result.

Nothing to stop you having two projects on the go, is there? ;- )

4 Likes

Oh I hadnā€™t bothered to read that!

But now Iā€™ve looked at it, Iā€™m confused by:

This pattern is available for $3.00 USD buy it now

A free version is also available.

Why would you pay $3 if you can have it free? And how do you obtain the free version. Iā€™m buggered if I can work it out.

4 Likes

Me too.

4 Likes

Because the free version has less information?

Usually Iā€™d expect that to be a separate upload but that doesnā€™t seem to be the case here. Ask 'em?

4 Likes

Not being rude, replying to myself, & so long after but the KMOA is really almost finished and the BBC seem interested in having itā€¦

Carinthia.xx

6 Likes

Were I a nice person, I am sure the cockles of me 'eart would be warmed. As things stand, thoughā€¦

Hang on, maybe they can drape it over bluddy Peepā€™s cage. Or stifle her and her spawn with it.

6 Likes

ā€œBut what we canā€™t understand, Inspector, is why she should have tried to eat four square yards of knitting.ā€

6 Likes

Luting and pillocking?

6 Likes

Mistook it for a large helping of tripe and onions?

There s a recipe - Cradock, I think - which is ā€˜Motherā€™s recipe for tripe which does not taste like Stewed Knittingā€™ā€¦

5 Likes

I am hoping a wise knitter will help me

How do I do

YO. KS2. SM

Please?

I donā€™t have my reference magazines here to help me

Thank you wise knitters

4 Likes

Doesnā€™t the pattern have a list of ā€œabbreviations usedā€ somewhere on it? They mostly used to.

6 Likes

What does your pattern key say KS2 & SM mean? There is variance in abbreviations which is Not Generally Helpful.

6 Likes

I donā€™t have the pattern

B wrote it out for me and sent it in with my Bull

6 Likes

Can you perhaps ring B and ask her? KS2 is not easy to search, for fairly obvious reasons.

5 Likes

I tried but sheā€™s not answering

Ach well I will get her tomorrow

6 Likes