Loathsome little twerp,

is that Tom Archer. Is his manner of speaking specifically intended to make listeners grind their teeth with rage? Over and above the content of what he says, which surely must be deliberately meant to rile.
He sounds precious and tantrumy and as though his balls haven’t quite descended. They must have done, I suppose, given his unfortunate but mercifully unsuccessful fertility, in which case I for one would like to kick them right back up whence they came.
Drivelling, lily-livered snotnosed little git. Vaccinating the herd / vet bills costing ‘an arm and a leg’. At least there is some purpose to the outlay, in terms of animal welfare and of limiting damage to the business. And it will be rather less than the tens of thousands squandered on defending his stabby sister’s worthless hide.
Oh, and him trotting off to the hospital with Kirsty for a spot of stable-door bolting takes priority over helping his father with a farming emergency. You know, something affecting the business that keeps the little shte in undeserved comfort. Gah!

*he’s fed, clothed and sheltered. That’s a damn sight too comfortable for him in my book.

5 Likes

I tend to feel that for once, Tom has got a valid point. Pure bluddy carelessness, not just once but twice over, has probably halved the value of the Bridge Farm herd.

Why shouldn’t Ruth pay for it? She is the one who rushed out and bought cattle which had not been certified free of this particular disease.

And why shouldn’t Pip pay for it? She is the one who couldn’t be arsed, for just under three weeks, to mend a fence to keep those cattle off someone else’s land.

And Tony is blaming David for these two incompetent women’s shoddy behaviour, which is more unjust than anything Tom said.

2 Likes

Loud applause at Janie Mansions, Gus! I read that out loud to Mr J who hadn’t even heard the episode.

Still, I don’t want to discourage Tom from blaming the Dopeys. And gosh, isn’t there a lot of blame to spread about? The Dopeys for not checking their own cattoo, the Dopeys for having Pip. Ditto for begetting the fence-wrecking spiv, Josh. And last but very far from least, the wonder-Pip herself. Rubs hands, can’t wait!

3 Likes

Harrumph. There is such a thing as being too reasonable, you know.

[quote=“Fanta, post:2, topic:149”]
blaming David for these two incompetent women’s shoddy behaviour, which is more unjust than anything Tom said.
[/quote] but you do make a very fair point.

4 Likes

His being right, for once, doesn’t invalidate Gus’s insightful analysis.

4 Likes

Why, thank you, but I do hope Mr Janie wasn’t horrified at the rough types you have chummed up with on t’Internet.
Lots and lots of lovely blame. There should be a positive tsunami of acrimony but I doubt that Pip will be swept away and a body never recovered. They hate us too much for that.

5 Likes

Mr Janie is a fan of Gus.

Is this IBR and Pip’s duplicity the new editor’s work to respond to listeners’ across-the-social-media loathing of Pip? And a pop at Sean O’Connor for calling her ‘the beating heart of Ambridge’ (he did, didn’t he?) I do hope so.

Oh, sorry, we were supposed to be talking about Tom. Yeah, Tom, do take the moral high ground, you so richly deserve it, you and your non-organic feed and your jilting ways.

3 Likes

I’m very hopeful that Hugh Hyphen plans to get rid of her, sending her off to plant tea in the colonies. I’d cut Tom some slack for now, Pip is my prime target for eviction from Ambridge.

4 Likes

Shurely a misplaced ‘L’ in there, Marjorie :smirk:.

3 Likes

Tell your guid man - mwah to Mr Janie - I do autographs :wink:
While I think you might be right about what hyphenatEd might be up to, it’s a pretty poor show. O’Connor gets to play silly buggers with DA because that is his pigeon and now someone else gets to bugger around with how it was going because he doesn’t like O’C (that is pure speculation, my god how the writs will roll in…) and generally Boo To My Predecessor. Not a good way for things to be run. Grumph. What would be better? Um. Well, you’ve got me there.

5 Likes

It’s one of the traditional signs of bad managers: they feel a need to put their own personal stamp on something, so they make changes as soon as they get into post. Then if the thing works it’s clearly Their Doing, and if it fails they just don’t talk about it later.

2 Likes

Now it’s my turn to take far too long to get the point! Worth the wait, though :wink:

2 Likes

On that basis, Hedgers, I doubt if SO’C is talking about The Archers all that much any more.

He came, he saw, he wrecked.

2 Likes

Tony’s worrying about his breeding Anguses, it’s the breeding Archers that worry me, some people just shouldn’t be allowed to !!!

4 Likes

As in “SOC - wrecked 'em”

3 Likes

You are so right, LadySusan. What joy we have to come with Henwy and GiddyJack having Hellqueen as a mother. At least Henwy’s father might be all right.

And that’s just Bridge Farm. Let’s not get started on the Dopeys and the horrors once their spawn start to breed.

4 Likes

OK, it might be possible to argue that the loathsome little twerp has right on his side, but that doesn’t stop me wanting David to knock his teeth down his throat. Anyone to do it, anything to shut the posturing, priggish little ponce up.

3 Likes

And just how has Tom paid for any of the messes he has created? In money or otherwise?

3 Likes

Oh, who cares about the money: he’s sobbed himself to sleep on occasion - what more do you want? But he really mustn’t blame himself, now must he?

3 Likes

Of course not, but if he wants to beat himself up I will supply the knuckle-duster.

5 Likes