Minor ache creaks and injury sympathy thread

Sounds good, Gus. My method really showed the blighter who’s boss, however. Ooh - and almost made Mr Bee keel over in a faint. {Sniggle}
Soo xx

5 Likes

Sniggle redoubled.
Bury me next to Nic Grundy ;- )

5 Likes

This time, I got a bleeding blister for wearing last year’s deck-shoes for the first time this year. Bah.

5 Likes

Ow! Pore Fish. But apart from that, did you have fun?

5 Likes

See cellar…

5 Likes

Is that a bleeding azzin expletive blister, or izzit actually bleeding?

Either way, not good

Carinthia.xx

5 Likes

It bled.

I begged a sicking-plaster from a brewery for it. The plaster makes no pretence at being skin-coloured: it is bright, startling blue. But since it is inside my shoe, it doesn’t look as peculiar as it might.

6 Likes

Then you organised a patch-up in a brewery, dere: congrats!

6 Likes

All places involving food or drink have to use blue plasters, Fishy, so that they show up if they come adrift.

Hydrocolloid Blister Plasters have a cushion of gel/fluid which makes things more comfortable.

Were you sans socks? I have had both chilblains & blisters this winter, despite the wretched compression stockings

Carinthia.xx

5 Likes

Ooo poor Fishy

Blisters are no fun

6 Likes

Sockless and bootless for the first time this year. I really should have known better!

5 Likes

Try silk socks, Fishy, or those for wearing with trainers, wot don’t come up as high, but still protect the feet

Carinthia.xx

5 Likes

I am going mad here with the end of a stitch in my gum that is poking into my tongue

6 Likes

Oh, sorry about that, Twellsy. Hope the stitch softens soon. Something similar happened to me and it took about a day to settle down. Fingers crossed!

5 Likes

Oh I know that one too well!

If you have a pair of embroidery scissors that are very sharp indeed, and if Yon Bull feels able to, it is possible to snip off the end of a stitch which hurts, or at least, I once managed to. That might be worth a try.

Pour boiling water over the blades first to sterilise them.

4 Likes

I wouldn’t go anywhere near your mouth until the bleeding has stopped, TBH, Twellsy. Itizz the weekend, & you know how quickly you can go orff…

Nothing has settled, yet.

Lukewarm saltwater rinses, or whatever your dentist had recommended.

Carinthia.xx

4 Likes

I don’t really need sympathy - a G&t would suffice - but I may have mentioned my poorly, fallen-upon knees and, now, my left hip has decided to provide extra stimulation of the painful variety. Ugh. So…
Soo xx

7 Likes

Pore wee Bee. Bucket of gin for the inner Bee, to be taken by mouth, and another of liniment, for topical application.
Gxx

6 Likes

Thanks, Gus.
Soo xx

6 Likes

Ouch, Soo

I was witness to the knees… :cry:

Carinthia. xx

6 Likes