OK - I've finally caught up

It’s been pretty bad throughout, but after tonight’s I came very close to parting company with my dinner. Is this really what the SWs imagine we like?

7 Likes

It’s what the editor pays for…

5 Likes

Wouldn’t we all love to make the Editor pay?
< caresses teeny pincers, pilliwinks, razors and other useful little friends >

6 Likes

aka Spooner’s scissors…

5 Likes

OK - catching up again (it takes more effort every time).

How did Plank get “double booked”? He knew when he was supposed to be going to the theatre (or whatever it was) so why not schedule his ego massage for another day? Are A-list celebs likely to be queuing round the block to appear on a station that would offer Susan sodding Carter a job?

And why the necessity for it to be live? As far as we can tell, it wasn’t even an interview, so absolutely no reason it couldn’t have been a pre-recorded insert Radio Bore obviously shares the TA mindset and thinks it’s impossible to hear both sides of a phone call. (Actually, they may have a point when one of the sides is Susan…)

And how is Chris still in business? He’s just let it be known that there’s at least one rival farrier in the area, so why would anyone stick someone who seems to spend most of his time getting snotty with clients? He was the same over the tree sculpture thing; never mind what the customer wants, he knows best.

It really makes you wonder what sort of world the SWs inhabit - or think we inhabit.

5 Likes

I’m glad you’ve caught up Joe

It has saved me the bother…

Carinthia.xx

5 Likes

I just measure the Fulminations of the Fish…

5 Likes

If anything like mine, you’d better be using a log scale

5 Likes

Isn’t it lovely having Sundays off?

5 Likes

They still have the omnibuses, but there is really not the slightest need to listen to them.

5 Likes

I have just about managed to listen to the monologue epis, though I’m not sure why, but the idea of a whole omnibus of them makes me shudder. I wouldn’t even attempt it.

Still, St. Keri has tweeted not only that ‘dialogue returns this month’ (which we knew) but also that he is ‘writing scripts (for the following month) which are very nearly like #TheArchers as before - technically simpler, and with fewer characters per episode, but they’ll be a very recognisable listen’. There will be 'some recording at home, but mainly in studio- with heavy restrictions’.

6 Likes

That man irritates the bejaysus out of me. As do his simpering fangrans.

So does TA, come to think of it.

6 Likes

Wow. So they still can’t mix together multi-track recordings from multiple sources, but doing the same thing from studio recordings is fine.

Clock drift? (The home setup is after all recording onto people’s laptops rather than proper recorders.) But while I might in the worst case get a second or two in a two-hour recording, that’s only a quarter of a second in 15 minutes, and most scenes are shorter than that…

Sound environment? With all those sound-editing toys to play with?

5 Likes

Quite.

I don’t think I’d mind the man himself so much if it weren’t for the above - they remind me of star-struck adolescents whose heroes can do no wrong, stomach churning.

5 Likes

I can’t find that in his tweets. Where is it?

4 Likes

It was in a reply to a reply. Here…

https://twitter.com/keridavies/status/1290017133611454464

4 Likes

Hmm, I can’t find a way to show the actual reply, but it is there if you scroll right down.

5 Likes

Thanks.

5 Likes

That is actually more annoying: they have the use of their studio, but still cannot achieve what they could have done at home. Pah.

5 Likes

Yup. That didn’t make sense to me but Hey! Keri can’t be wrong…

5 Likes