On the Juke-Box Today

In rather different mode, a happy birthday to a fine bass player and all-round good chap, Terry Pack, here giving what I think is one of his finest performances (though since it was over forty years ago, he probably wouldn’t agree!) :

I believe there may be another music-related birthday today, too…

4 Likes

Squamous and rugose ;- )

4 Likes

Think we need something a bit more, er…

3 Likes

Which reminds me. Did I mention that piper’s lung is making a comeback? These modern non-animal-derived pipes aren’t as good at suppressing the interesting fungi that grow inside the bag…

4 Likes

Well, bugger me, that is A Thing.

The Dad and I used to annoy my poor mother with ‘in’ phrases, one of them being, from something we had listened to and she had not, “it kills the wee beasties that live in the lungs”. I am surprised she did not poison or bludgeon the pair of us, to be honest.

And I cannot get through to her on the phone. This is turning into One Of Those Evenings. There, avoided giving any of you an Eagles earworm rather neatly, didn’t I?

5 Likes

Er, no…

4 Likes

Yay! That’s two for two. Do you want to hear the one I gave Wor Fish earlier? To the tune of Allouette?

All together now: ‘dermatitis, contact dermatitis’
Well, they do say a change is as good as a rest, dere. And I am sure you could do with one or the other of those. Or a long-distance garrotte.
G x

5 Likes

I countered it with https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TvYCErWeks

1 Like
4 Likes

For Soo, Joe & 3 Year old Fry. What my 3 year old called ‘the Squirming Toad’ song.

6 Likes
5 Likes

I thought this a bit of fun

3 Likes

Played something random out of my collection. Felt more cheerful.

4 Likes

Is it even legal to play that sort of riff on a Strat rather than a Tele?

4 Likes

90s Boston kids, what can you do man?

4 Likes

Is that an Far Out/ Spaced Out Sparrer in our midst?

Carinthia.xx

4 Likes

On which point…

5 Likes

Soo xx

5 Likes

Oh. Jazz.

I’ll get my gun.

2 Likes

That is like saying “Oh. Fiction. I’ll get my gun.” There is over a hundred years’ worth of jazz,and some of it is excellent.

Have you actually heard of klezmer? Because I think if you are going to condemn that number you need to listen to it first and perhaps see how little like most lazy categorisation as jazz it actually is. (Apart from being several hundred years older as a musical form, obviously.) Would you say dismissively that the music in Fiddler on the Roof is jazz?

3 Likes