Please…

Well, I didn’t like to point it out!

(Just kidding … I only read the words!)

4 Likes

I just looked at the distance and thought “She’s another Nigel” in a mild sort of way.

3 Likes

If it helps to put it into old money, 24.5m/s is nearly 55mph

3 Likes

I was thinking much the same.

3 Likes

Are you saying that Alice, let’s say she weighs 9 stone, would be hitting them at 55mph? Yes, even if only 8 stone, that’s a sack of potatoes, isn’t it?

4 Likes

But without the brains

4 Likes

But we know gravity’s lower in Ambridge, or the Katabasis couldn’t have lasted as long as it did (unless there was a freshly-dug pit into which Nigel could fall).

3 Likes

Good point. In fact, we know from Ye Greate Ambridge Fludde that it can even be negative.

I am now going to have to dig out Tales from the White Hart and re-read What Goes Up…

1 Like

As I recall, there was one good line in tonight’s episode. When Tracey was whingeing at Susan re the dulness of the party (and it did sound utterly dead, not even SFX of muted background conversation, more like a funeral parlour) and Susan pointed out that ‘It is a family party - if it wasn’t you wouldn’t be here’.

5 Likes

Unless she were the entertainment, of course.

5 Likes

I was about to question the entertainment value of Tracey, then realised how we spend 75 minutes a week…

Actually, I’d like to hear more of Tracey if she were written properly; Susie Riddell is an excellent actor.

3 Likes

I suggest you follow her in something else then, joe dere, because there isn’t going to be any good writing in TA for her, or indeed possibly at all on recent showing, any time soon.

3 Likes

I know, I know…

It’s an all too familiar story; decent actors being given crap lines, possibly in the hope that their professionalism and talent will make up for the leaden script. Roger May (James) is another example.

2 Likes

The stripper you mean?

3 Likes

Last night was a wasted opportunity. Somebody falling from even a low branch of a tree, could at the very least have managed to do a Nigel and kill themself. They could also have killed one or two on the ground, by landing on them.

Pip and Phoebe maybe. Three wastes of space could have gone in one episode.

3 Likes

I really can’t take it any more.

4 Likes

[quote=“Fromthecradle, post:56, topic:376”]I really can’t take it any more[/quote]I know what you mean.

Last nights was as low as it can get … until it gets even lower !!

4 Likes

Limbo scriptwriting?

5 Likes

You beat me to it!

3 Likes

A case of

3 Likes