Poultry report

Most of the time! Don’t forget, we still have the other photos…

7 Likes

Don’t see why the girls should get all the attention…

8 Likes

Oh I don’t know, I think she still looks beautiful. With added character.

8 Likes

The trouble is those sunflower seeds were supposed to grow

7 Likes

But she cleverly found them

She needed the extra energy to be broody

7 Likes

Ha! Caught red-hand breasted…

9 Likes

Nah then, nah then, me bruvver likes to meet an enterprising young lad, an’ 'e finks yer ready for sunnink a bit bigger

8 Likes

I know exactly where that tyre iron is.

Just sayin’…

8 Likes

We’re under siege again. Doesn’t take the little buggers long to learn…

Incidentally, we have our suspicions as to the parentage of the one in the middle:

And here’s our Sammy-Hannah:

As for the father, look no further than the legs - KIKI WOZ ERE

9 Likes

There are new chicks at Adam’s Happy Eggs Farm shop, but they aren’t yet as big or daring as yours, Joe

Carinthia.xx

7 Likes

Nice to see we’re getting use out of the garden furniture…

10 Likes

Penny (our other white silkie) sitting on eggs at the moment. Hatching imminent. Watch this space…

10 Likes

Squeeeeee!

More chicks…

Hurry up that thare hen

9 Likes

OK - first the bad news. None of the eggs hatched.

However, to save Penny from becoming more neurotic than she is already, we have just tried introducing three week-old chicks from a breeder. She took them straight under her wings, so it looks as though it will be OK. (We had no doubt about Penny - she is a silkie, after all - but weren’t sure about the chicks; they’d been incubator hatched, so hadn’t been introduced to a hen.) Infra-red lamp at the ready just in case…

Further news (and photos!) when available.

7 Likes

Good luck chicks…

7 Likes

Go Penny be the best mother hen in the coop

8 Likes

I think Violet has edged her for that title - she’s taken over all of the last clutch! It’ll be interesting to see how things develop with the new arrivals (currently isolated with Penny)

Meanwhile, I’m still trying to work out how we’ve ended up with a nineteen-strong flock…

Umm - and counting! Just found out Penny is still still sitting on her eggs, so they may yet hatch after all…

7 Likes

Because, and I say this with the greatest respect, you are an Sucker for Birds.

8 Likes

All the best folks are wee birdie

9 Likes

True

8 Likes