Poultry report

I know, and it’s rotten bad luck for it to be working out the way it has. Particularly bad luck of course if one happens to be a rooster with promiscuous ambitions. Edit: ‘If one happens to be a rooster’ [full point].

4 Likes

Well, exactly!

4 Likes

Latest news is that she’s standing and walking around a bit, so all being well she’ll be home this evening. Will have to be segregated, with one of the calmer hens for company. Fingers crossed…

7 Likes

I am Thinking Good Thoughts at her as I type, joe.

4 Likes

Kindest wishes for Jules. I could pose as a Calm Hen, if that would help.
Soo xx

4 Likes

Well, she’s home - with a bagful of drugs to keep her happy (and us busy) for the next week. Looking a lot more lively, I’m happy to say.

Soo - your Calm Hen is remarkably like our Jilly - particularly the crown…

Thanks for the kind offer, but maybe better to leave her with her sister, Katie II

6 Likes

Good Thoughts to Jules, and to her kind keepers. It’s good that she is back home. She will be much happier and thus more inclined to thrive. Come on girl, put yer back into the thriving…

5 Likes

[Surreptitiously disables cam]

I’ll defer to the redoubtable Katie, joe.

Soo xx

4 Likes

Owt happening poultry-wise, joe?
A photie would be a Grand Thing.
Soo xx

4 Likes

Sorry - thing have been a bit hectic of late! Will try to get something today. (Shouldn’t be difficult - Bonny’s turning out to be a right poser)

4 Likes

Poser - moi?

6 Likes

Keep 'em coming, Joe, can’t get enough of they poultry reports. I had no idea they were so characterful.

4 Likes

If you have a bit of time, this is well worth a look:

3 Likes

Alas, “The uploader has not made this video available in your country” in white on a black background is all I see when I click on that. Huh.

3 Likes

And the BBC, upon whom be a murrain, says “Sorry, you need Flash to play this” – and I “need” Flash like I need a hole in my security large enough to drive several Centurion tanks through in line abreast.

3 Likes

It’s weird. It’s working fine here, but clicking the link on my phone, I get the same error. Will see if I can find an alternative…

4 Likes

you and me both, Fishy.

joe, that is One Fine Bird.

4 Likes

Try here:

4 Likes

That Link works, Joe

I’ll have a proper look later

Carinthia.xx

4 Likes

Shhh! He’s bad enough as it is! (I agree though)

4 Likes