Since when was ProPlus

a drug under the meaning of any Act, or in the school system? They are caffeine tablets ffs.

And Lily is the absolute pits.

2 Likes

They were Frowned On when I were a lass. Bugger all they could do about it though.
Goodness, but theyā€™ve found the fabled Bottomless Mine of Nonsense, havenā€™t they? Frack 'em.

3 Likes

Or frag 'em.

3 Likes

And available at Tesco for ā‚¬2.99, so why he would even need to be flogging them is anyoneā€™s guess (unless thereā€™s an age restriction?)

To put it very mildly!

I wonder how Deputy Principal Russ ā€œMy-Wife-Doesnā€™t-Understand-Meā€ Jones will feel when heā€™s collared for offences under Sections 16 and 21(5) of the Sexual Offences Act 2003?

4 Likes

ooh, oooh, I know, pick me, sir, pleeze sir (as Lily probably said, or something not wholly dissimilar)
Because TBTB either couldnā€™t be arsed to research nootropics properly or thought that Stuff Might Change In A Few Short Months, or didnā€™t want their dribbly-cardiganned yet adoring public suddenly to go all intelligent on them.

2 Likes

I think he was fairly clear that he wasnā€™t selling them, but passing them to a mate.

Those sections donā€™t apply, Joe, because Lily is not a child; she was born in December 1999.

But the college would want to discipline him, I would have thought.

3 Likes

Bugger - I forgot theyā€™d turned 18. Probably because Lily sounds - and acts - like a spoiled 12-year-old. Still, as you say, it would almost certainly be a disciplinary issue. Donā€™t think the Unprincipled Deputyā€™s wife would be overly impressed, either.

3 Likes

Remember when she said that people - staff as well as students - fell over themselves to ā€˜confideā€™ in her. That was way before December. Some time last summer, I think. Anyway, I wondered at the time if they were going to do something like this and discarded the notion as ridiculous because - well - the fun of sctupping a relatively inexperienced and entirely tedious little girl really isnā€™t worth a lifetime of not being employable in your chosen field. Still, maybe little Lily has been initiated into the mysteries of the Comberly Clench and is thus too great a prise to relinquish. Ahem.

3 Likes

The ā€œLoxley Gripā€ shurely? (I believe the heels come into it somewhere)

4 Likes

Mind-blowing, whatever it is.

4 Likes

Not that that takes much puff in Ambridge

3 Likes

What bothered me was the utterly invertebrate Dep Princ.
Faced with a drugs scene situation, there is NO way he owuld have been that pathetic.
Thar ended a n epi of depressingly soap feebleness.

5 Likes

I think the idea was heā€™s so in lust with Lily that he wants to let her little brother off.

What I found objectionable in the extreme was this clown telling Freddie"We know you have been dealing drugs" but refusing to offer any evidence whatever for the assertion.

If someone makes that sort of accusation against me, they really do need to tell me exactly what it is I am supposed to have done wrong, and show me something which indicates that I must have done. Otherwise I am likely to get a lawyer and ask them to explain themselves, produce witnesses, name names, give times and places, that sort of thing.

2 Likes

Indeed. But it was the feeble TONE of voice. Not a hint of threat or stricture. Even if Dep Princ was being blackmailed by Lily [ha! /as if], he would surely have adoped a minatory voice to shove Freddie into the real world and thus sharpen the ā€˜between a rock and a hard placeā€™ schtick the SWs had worked hard to establish. Bad enough being threatened by yobs in corridors, but then to have college Dep Princ getting heavy as wellā€¦where to hideā€¦er, nowhere? I think the SWs mised a real trick here. Maybe they are working up to Fā€™s attempted suicide, to be saved by Johnnyā€¦??

4 Likes

I think that may just have been because last weekā€™s scriptie couldnā€™t write her way out of a paper bag, to be honest.

The idea of a school-teacher being blackmailed by a pupil whom he has had sex with really isnā€™t all that extraordinary: lies on that subject from a pupil can destroy a teaching career, so the truth surely would. My suggestion was that he wants to keep her favour, not that heā€™s afraid of her, though.

3 Likes

Personally, Iā€™ve loathed the Freddie/Ellis storyline - anything which vaguely dramatises (Correction: glamourises, we donā€™t dramatise here) drugs gets my back up, and if it goes on much longer I may a la Gus threaten to stop listening - however, Lily and the deputy principle is a storyline Iā€™m intrigued by!

4 Likes

of Bel Air?

4 Likes

Do I do that often, Kara?

4 Likes

ā€˜glamourisesā€™, I can see your problem. ā€˜Dramatisesā€™, not so much. My main problem with it is that it is lazy bollocks as per. Wittering about ā€˜smart drugsā€™ one week and coming up with ProPlus the next. They donā€™t know what they want to do. I know what I want them to do, though, oh yes. But this is a respectable, or at least not entirely disreputable despite my best efforts, messageboard, so best leave it to your fevered imaginations.

5 Likes

You know what I meant. Itā€™s the royal wedding day ā€œhicā€ā€¦

6 Likes