So, who wants to help ... to cower in the cellar?

I am watching gorgeous plumptious bullfinches bustling around the garden
Such smartly turned out wee birds with their pink weskits and navy blue bonnets…

6 Likes

It has been confirmed that it was a scam

Sigh

I have been awake half the night, so may need an Snoozette later

Carinthia.xx

5 Likes

I am coming to the conclusion that if something in unexpected email seems unlikely, it is. If not downright implausible and impractical, and a flat lie.

The thing that would worry me about this one is that it appeared to be HMRC, which suggests an unhealthy knowledge that you have been in touch with them. And that is for them to investigate, before you tell Private Eye.

5 Likes

Phishing, like spam, is usually a blunderbuss fired at random. My spamtrap gets just as many messages about PayPal and eBay now as it did before I started using them – though the first one that got through after I’d signed up was still disconcerting.

Lots of people use eBay. Lots of people have some dealing with HMRC. Or FedEx, which is another common target.

6 Likes

It was a message to my 'phone asking me to go to a website to be able to read it. The thing is, as you say, I am already ‘engaged’ with HMRC. It’s the same with the sodding 'phonecalls - they use the same number as HMRC with only the last 4 digits, which one could reasonably expect to be a department/extension number, changed.

Carinthia.xx

5 Likes

Phishing is very annoying and disconcerting. I had an awful time with PayPal, a few years ago and reported every phish/spam message. I am glad that you’ve come to no harm over this, Carinthia, apart from the distress and lack of sleep (quite bad enough).

Gus - I cracked a rib, many years ago, and know the kind of pain you’ll have. Gentle hugs and plumping of cushions etc.

Belated thanks from me to FT. I really do appreciate this board and the effort put into it.

Soo xx

5 Likes

I now have to go & sort out my Prescription

Sigh

Had to order a shed-load of medication to take with me, but they are usually very efficient & sent to the Pharmacy across the road electronically

Howsumevva

There are 2 Epipens on order & these cannot be ordered electronically, apparently, so there are paper scrips at the Surgery

It’s a Bluddy good job that I asked

I’m going to end up wivva Complex or Syndrome at the very least… :wink:

Carinthia.xx

5 Likes

Or a crowbar anna stocking-mask? Works very well for getting yer prescriptions in a hurry. So I’ve heard.

5 Likes

Me 'urr would now be the envy of That Poodle. And it has been scientifically proven (through a robust statistical sample of two individuals) to be enough to make a cat larff.

It will ‘let down’ a bit, and by the time it is long enough for another spot of topiary, might look OKish. Almost.

Having it done was an ‘interesting’ exercise, wiv the rib…

5 Likes

Oooh, a twirl!

I think that’s ok, you know.

Sorry about the pain having it done clearly caused, though.

5 Likes

Ta, Fishy. It will take a bit of getting used to. And the sod blasted it with hairspray before I could say him Nay, which I hope will wear off quickly (I hate the stuff with a passion).
Cautious optimism.

5 Likes

I must admit that I have been trawling through articles on perming and am kinda/sorta thinking ‘maybe’…I do hope that you’ll feel happy with your barnet, Gus, to make the pain endured worthwhile, if for no other reason. It’ll be an absolute doddle to look after. Blurry hairspray, mind!
Soo xx

5 Likes

Oof & Flump

It is a good job that I 'phoned the Surgery, & then went down there. Last year there was an National/International shortage of Epipens , & I have to have 2 with me.I was prescribed Emerade, which is the same sort of stuff.

This year I have been prescribed Epipens & my Pharmacy can’t guarantee them arriving for Friday . 3 others in the town haven’t got them either.

‘My’ Pharmacy said that the safest thing to do would be to get them from the Orsepiddle, so I 'phoned them when I got back, & I can collect 2 tomorrow. DiL will take me when she goes in to work .

Props self up on elbow

Admires the Gusly hairdo

Liberates Pitcher

Carinthia.xx

5 Likes

The price and availability of Epipens is quite literal profiteering by Pfizer. All the R&D costs are long since paid back, but they still charge about ten times what it costs to make them. As a result, people die. Yay capitalism.

5 Likes

Criminality in full view. I could despair. In fact - I’ll do just that with an Aldi Cromwell and soda.

I am sorry for the added aggravations that are making life so difficult, Carinthia. In fact, I’m stotting mad, but that won’t do you any good. Hugs.

Soo xx

5 Likes

I am just amazed at the chaos of the NHS
Err the urdu is different Gus
I am making the most of dry weather to have a Corley’s and fevertree

4 Likes

Exhausted of the Cellar here.
Why so? Amazon, thass why. Thousands of shoes, none seemingly quite what I was after. The brain fries after a bit. Plus I think some ammonia might have seeped into the Gusly cranium.

5 Likes

Both an appropriate response and a fabulous expression, dere Bee.
Hope the gin helped.
Gxx

5 Likes

I suspect that ‘stotting mad’ izza tad colloquial, Gus, but it fits my mood and I’m glad that you find it apt. The gin wozzin rather homeopathic measure, tbh.
Shoes? Tell me wot yer want and I’ll be right on the case.

Soo xx

4 Likes

What I find amazing is that it still works as well as it does, Twellsy

Gus, I got some gold leather mules reduced to half price in the sale from Clarks . I noticed a mark on one of them, & got another 10% orff

It’s shoes to change into which I am now finding difficult as the feet protest. Not easy to fit Orthotics into sandals, either

Carinthia.xx

5 Likes